• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how does the sandra burn-in wizard compare?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Barton

when i ran my sandra burn-in wizard, i did not once see my temps spike or anything, which lead me to believe that my rig wasnt going balls out when i ran the burn-in.....is prime95 better? if so, link me up. TIY

Sandra isnt really that good. I can do 1500 loops of that thing, and still have prime95 crash within 24 hours. Prime95 seems to be the best. As yahoo said, folding also is a good burning program. :)

Prime95

Folding@Home

3DMark 2001se

seti@home

Memtest86 (memory burn in and error testing software)

These are pretty much the best programs to use...with 3dmark 2001se...run the test in a loop...around 50 times...When I burn a CPU or memory in...I usally run two of the programs at a time...example...I will run folding while looping 3dmark...great way to test for stability also...

It may not be the best stress test, but you don't have to worry so much about it crashing while burning in. That's why they call it the "BURN IN WIZARD." duh, huh?

Bruno said:
It may not be the best stress test, but you don't have to worry so much about it crashing while burning in. That's why they call it the "BURN IN WIZARD." duh, huh?

If you get a crash while burning in...this is a good thing becasue it lets you know your system is unstable...burning in doesn't do crap if it doesn't push your CPU 100%...and if it crashes durning that time then you know you have a unstable system...and if it is unstable at those settings...a half-as burning in wont help anyways...

To do a correct burn in you need to find out the highest stability on your system then back it down a few FSB stepping and then let it burn in at those settings...then after a few days retry the settings that where unstable...if you are not at your CPU's OC limit or rams limit then you should be able to run the settings that where unstable a few days ago...but if after burning in for a few days and you still can not run stable at a higher setting, then odds are you have reached the max on either your ram or CPU.

Back