• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good of an OC should i get with a LOCKED barton 2500+ and good ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
squads said:

i would not run my kt266a at 150 fsb...it makes the hdd write itself into corrupted death. 142 is the max i go with mine ----> 37mhz pci bus is pushing it. on the plus side the agp bus increases to 74mhz. this ups gfx performance alot!

Well, I run my A7V266-e at 157 mhz (and I have an old maxtor 13GB D drive in there as well). It has been 20 months and thus far everything still works just fine. But that is me. I may just have lucky hardware.

yea i'm not sure what it was but everything seemed to get corrupted and totally fubar when i went 145+

squads said:
i would not run my kt266a at 150 fsb...it makes the hdd write itself into corrupted death. 142 is the max i go with mine ----> 37mhz pci bus is pushing it. on the plus side the agp bus increases to 74mhz. this ups gfx performance alot!

I ran my 8kha+ (266a) up to 185mhz before I corrupted my hd! :D

It's a gigabyte 9800 pro that only overclocks to 408/351. I'm going to try out different one this week and ebay the gigabyte.

so what ram do u recommend then that wouldnt be overkill? i dont want to shell out $290 for a gig of mushkin lv2 black if i can reach 220fsb+ b/c of the cpu. i dont know if i can trush ill get bh-5 with buffalo pc3700, now that people are getting ones with micron.

Unless you are doing vid editing or some other memory intensive programs 1gig is overkill. 512 is more than enough mem to run any gaming program. newegg has got 512 level2 mushkin for 165.00. any of the big name companies high end stuff is a good investment. you wouldn't regret buying mushkin.

HI Guys!

I've been looking around and lots of people are recomending the ABIT NF7-S board for its OC-ing abilities.
I was planning on getting the Chaintech 7NJS Ultra Zenith
(see my earlier) post manly due to its TV-Style IR-Remote control.

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Other/Handigator.jpg

Has any one seen anything like that available to control your PC from across the room (but not using Radio waves)

That would be flunitrazepam. Legitmate uses are pretty much limited to a pre anesthetic sedative. However, the avatar also has the word roofies on the top which suggets it's more common illegitmate use. Basically scumbags who can't get any on their own put it in women's drinks so that they will pass out (and often not remember) what comes next.

Back