• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How loud is the Tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Just how loud is this Tornado?
I been thinking about ordering one to see if there's that much improvement over my delta 68cfm..

find a fan in listening room thatyou then adjust volume till they match with your fan in real life.

I don't think it'll be that bad if it's in the case. I got an SVC Golden Gate with the 60mm YS-Tech 40 CFM screamer on there and with the case door on it's really not that bad. I think the SVC fan is like 52 dba or something, and since the tornado is 80mm it won't be as whiny.

--Illah

Man, you got the SLK-800 with the tornado... That's like watercooling in there! I wanted that but the total cost of $60+ is just a bit outta my range...

--Illah

hell look at the temps! they are in the watercooling range, not to mention they are xp diode temps, subtract 10c for insocket thermistor temps and it really shows the power of that combo!, too bad I just fried my gf3ti200 this morning :(

It's not all that bad, in the case..
My Delta 80mm, 68cfm was just the same..
Although it's not silent or quiet but not as bad as I thought..

The temps are about the same as the delta. No dramatic improvement.

12am said:
hell look at the temps! they are in the watercooling range, not to mention they are xp diode temps, subtract 10c for insocket thermistor temps and it really shows the power of that combo!, too bad I just fried my gf3ti200 this morning :(

welcome to teh club, i also fried my gf3 last friday :cry:

the tornado owns all fans, i have a 80mm 85cfm on my cpu, and a 115cfm tornado on the window almost directly ontop of the cpu

Big Bad oMek said:
the tornado owns all fans, i have a 80mm 85cfm on my cpu, and a 115cfm tornado on the window almost directly ontop of the cpu

What kind of temps are you getting?

tornado's do definately pound out the cfm's better than any fan of it's size in cfm's, but the noise is starting to get to me, I am a loud fan lover but I just cannot handle the loudness of it anymore, I recently bought and modded a new case for my system, and to show it to people I had to build a shelf for it. Now the system is at ear level and it just drove me insane, I pulled the tornado out and replaced it with a 40cfm ys-tech 80mm fan to hold me over till monday so I can buy a rheobus to quiet the tornado when I don't need extreme cooling.

Back