• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How loud is the Tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have found that sitting in right next to the desk (the farr side, not inside) and putting a blanket over the other side and top (no air portals are blocked) dampens the sound a little. My temps are still really good, I think. With F@H running now, the temps aren't getting up as much as one might think they would.

I didn't have to shout over it, any more than I did before, but if some one's down the hall trying to talk to me, I usually hear them, but have to have them repeat themselves. All in all, it's not all that bad for ME, though it does make it hard to sleep if I'm not already tired. (Not that I can go to sleep at the drop of a hat anyway...)

Just recieved mine yesterday, I plugged it in and tried it and I was kinda .....

underwhelmed

Yeah it's got a powerful turbiney kinda whine to it, but I've heard louder hard disk drives. By the time I've got it buttoned up in the case with a filter over the intake I'm gonna have no probs with the noise.
Mind you, I've yet to put it on the AX-7, might sound louder then, so if it does, I plan to round all the edges of the fins on top. It will be the wind whistling over those that will be causing that.

Road Warrior

Back