• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many computers do you have within arms reach?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many computers do you have within arms reach?

• 1 - 2 computers

Votes: 108 41.9%
  • 3 - 4 computers

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • 5 - 10 computers

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I work for NASA, I lost count years ago.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • We are Borg, resistance is futile...

Votes: 21 8.1%

• Total voters
only 1 within arms reach......although i do have parts to build another P4 in my room, parts for a P3 in my basement, and i have antoher computer in the basement, which i bought just so no-one would complain about the P3 being slow, so they had to use mine.....now they have no reason to touch mine

I've now got three
My laptop, a Duron and Pentium III system both running at 1 gig
I got the two old systems for free, so hey, free isn't that bad eh?

Only one here :(

Soon to be 2 after i upgrade after xmas... PCI-E, 64 Bit and Water Cooling (hopefully) here i come :D :eek: :D

3 for me. Not for much longer though; one of them is becoming my smoothwall in a couple weeks, so it will be relegated to a closet.

I have my A64, my girls AXP another AXP i'm gutting out and a A64 I built for a friend thats in the living rooom, plus the cheasy dell thats in the ofice.... for now...

Four if the laptop is on. My main rig, my server is 1 inch behind my main, my wifes computer, and my laptop. What if the server doesn't have a keyboard/mouse/moniter and i remote into it, does that still count? And a 5th in the garage, but i dont have any plans for it yet.

Only one within arms reach. 6 total that I own, some other number depending on other things.

I cheated - I have a box full of old Socket 5 mainboards/processors/ram/video cards under my desk :D

Add to that 2 PCs on my desk (PVR + main rig) and the server downstairs and we have... a lot.

At home 3: 2 for fun computers and a server
At my weekday job 4 but my partitioned area is made of piles of monitors, printers, switches, ups', and yet to be deployed computers.
At my weekend job 1 server, 1 corporate terminal, 3 tech workstations, and too many client computers.

I feel like a borg. Its like I'm tethered to the stuff. Heck my pocket pc, ipod, and cell are always traveling by my side. :p

Edit: within current arms reach 4 :eek:

Last edited:
"Arm's" reach boys and girls. You can lean, strech, but not move from your seat (and no, rolling doesn't count, because I'd have to add 5 more to my list). It's not a contest to see how many more you have over the next person, or what you have. Just a poll to see what you're working on right now.

Running the gaming rig and 2 game servers/seti crunchers under the desk, and behind me is the dually and 4 single processor servers, total without rolling my chair = 8 All machines crunching SETI 24X7 and providing vast quantities of heat :)

But I'm not addicted, I can stop any time I want to, I just don't want to...

10. I'll be building #11 when I finally get home. Hopefully I can start selling most of those off.

9 of those are at arms reach, but I'm no longer home to be with them :[

I had 2 others that died right before I left, so I was at 12 at one point.

Now it's just me and my laptop...until November.

Back