• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many computers do you have within arms reach?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many computers do you have within arms reach?

• 1 - 2 computers

Votes: 108 41.9%
  • 3 - 4 computers

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • 5 - 10 computers

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I work for NASA, I lost count years ago.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • We are Borg, resistance is futile...

Votes: 21 8.1%

• Total voters
CrystalMethod said:
"Arm's" reach boys and girls. You can lean, strech, but not move from your seat (and no, rolling doesn't count, because I'd have to add 5 more to my list). It's not a contest to see how many more you have over the next person, or what you have. Just a poll to see what you're working on right now.

sorry just saw this--

updated: in ARMS reach would be 7, 4 systems with dual monitors. at home it still stands.

3 ATM, then I have my smoothwall to get up and running, and a k6/2 and a PII that need some parts, all in a tiny 10 x 12' office

I went for the borg vote because I can reach out and touch a few racks full of IBM P3 eServers. (a door seperates me from the noise somewhat...but if the door is open, I can touch the computers) About 62 in all. Does that count?

Nephewkp said:
I went for the borg vote because I can reach out and touch a few racks full of IBM P3 eServers. (a door seperates me from the noise somewhat...but if the door is open, I can touch the computers) About 62 in all. Does that count?

Absolutely it counts. The rest of us are just going to be jealous though.

Sat at a desk with PC and laptop. So I can watch a DVD or play a game on the main while chatting on IRC/AIM/MSN on the Lappy.

desk1.png

OK, there are 3 complete rigs, in the LEGO case,(IT7, IC7, IC7 Max3) and another one above it. (NF7) All hooked up to a KVM switch.

In the bedroom, 2 IBM T22 rigs, but they can move here.

steve

3 machines: IPCop, Dell server, and homemade Athlon 64 workstation.
In the same room, there's also a laptop and 800MHz P3 that are just out of reach.
There's also a lot of PC parts scattered throughout the house. I may make some more PCs once I get the network worked out.

only one... :(

at home from college and on the family computer. When I lay in my bed I have four within reach though. They aren't runing atm because they're just older freebies I mess around with and are stacked right beside me. If this was a few weeks ago and I was at college at work doing the usual, surfing the web, I'd have maybe two dozen towers sitting within reach. Usually had a few sitting on the counter looking like we were working on them ;)

2 right now (well, 3 if you count the box of parts on the floor; the mobo works, I just need a case and PSU). Using my laptop with headphones for music (it's living on a book on the bed at present) until I can get Navi's sound issues straightened out.

Does my work desk count? Thats where I am right now so I guess it does.

Well at my feet under the desk I have two webservers, a file server, email server, web proxy server, email/intrusion detection, pdc and a bdc. On the desk I have my desktop workstation, my personal laptop (which I use to browse www) and above me I have two shelfs of monitors!!!. Behind me is an IBM iSeries 730 and a 720 but I won't count them 'cus they are just out of reach!!

Thats a total of 10. Does my pda count?

How does one define "computer" and would things like calculator count? Rhetoric aside, I have only 2 (my main and my pda). My backup just died and I had to put my main back in use without case or WC set.

Back