• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Realistic is This?? (another temp thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

According to MBM5 - My CPU1 is about 24C, and CPU 2 is about 52C and ambient would be 22-23C

This seems so ridiculous......I've got water cooling, 2 maze 3s....is it possible that my CPU2 is THAT much higher?

On a side note, I've got a 384GPH pump - would I benefit at all by running the CPUs in parallel? Would I need more flow? If you have the flow capabilities, is parallel better?

Thank you

Here's a pic of my system...

coool.JPG

Also,

I've got a thermistor pretty close to the core of CPU2, and it is reading 42.1C right now and MBM5 says 52C

you know your water temps? or was that the 'ambient' you referred to in your first post?

why not try moving your temp probe to cpu1 and see what it says. maybe it is reading CPU1 and 2 off a little bit (i.e. cpu2 is too high and cpu1 is reading too low)? i don't know, just some suggestions. seems odd though. definately doesn't seem right, a 30C difference is way high

i tried to post a second ago, no go
ok heres what i see as a problem, the mounting, try re mounting, and it appears that the tubing would be pushing the block crooked, so it doesnt mount correctly, try re mounting it, then maby get some Ys and try running in parallel, also is that the cpu temp or the case temp? cpu1 check on that

Geek - good tip about the hosing....

If I switch to parallel, you think my temps will get higher? I don't feel like dropping another $X on a new pump....

I did take the blocks off a while ago, and on CPU2, there was arctic silver everywhere on that block except for the top left corner - bad problem I know.

I tried pushing/screwing it down well, but I've not checked it. Before I put the Clearflex on (and took the blocks off) my thermistor thingy read CPU2 as around 37C so you can understand my concern :)

I think I'll try getting some Ys...if the temps get too high, I'll put that copper piece back on which was just straight up over down linkage.

Tips based on above?

That is the CPU1 temp - I really don't think I can trust MBM5.....it just seems way out of whack...

i wrote up an article on parallel vs series on my site(www) youll have to make the decision on your own, read the article and pull a waterblock and the pump and do a little testing and decide

maskedgeek said:
i wrote up an article on parallel vs series on my site(www) youll have to make the decision on your own, read the article and pull a waterblock and the pump and do a little testing and decide

What is your site?

i have a cunning plan...

try reversing the flow, so water first goes into cpu2, then 1, if the temps drop then it is to do with flow rate and you might benifit from running in parallel. however if the temps stay the same it is probably down to mounting of the second block

SBeaver said:
I envyth thine system, deal cpu and dual cpu water that's the best you can get.
:D

Thanks bud, appreciate it :) I love my comp.

I may try running parallel, see what happens. Is CPU2 always hot, or is just because of pre-heated water...or..?

the max diff in temp is .5c to maby 1c but thats unlikely, my site, click the WWW
(sorry i missed this, its not in my tracker)

Back