• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how the hell do you turn off....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prelude2005

Registered
that dectecting for RAID/promise IDE drivers on boot?
its killing my boot time....

i have a gigabyte board, but i noticed most all the mobos have it now, my other asus does it too. Is there anyway you can turn it off in the bios? If so, where should it be under and what is it called?

Unless it's a RAID setup, there's no turning it off, but for ATA/IDE devices its done through the bios. For me they detect in under a second though...

If I remember correctly, the promise RAID onboard units have their own little "raid bios". You have to hold CTRL and some other key to access it...it'll show you...

Anyway, once in there, you should be able to have it detect any drives present, set them as there, and then turn the rest to "None" so they don't sit and auto detect for no reason.

Mike

Breadfan said:
If I remember correctly, the promise RAID onboard units have their own little "raid bios". You have to hold CTRL and some other key to access it...it'll show you...

Anyway, once in there, you should be able to have it detect any drives present, set them as there, and then turn the rest to "None" so they don't sit and auto detect for no reason.

Mike

can you find out for me what the button is? and when you press it?

ok so basically set the other IDE ports to none instead of auto?

mine is control F. Also if you have ANY drives connected to the raid it will go thru the raid boot process. If you disconnect all drives to the raid and turn off the raid in your bios you should boot quickly.
good luck

I have the kt7a raid. If the raid controller is on your motherboard you should be able to disabled it in the bios. This is how I did it. In the Integrated peripherals theres a ATA100 IDE Controller option. You can just switch it to disabled to cut out the time it takes for the card to relize you dont have any drives hooked up to it. The screen wont come up anymore. You should have a similar option in your BIOS.

im talking about the system BIOS and not the RAID's

Back