• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to flash the bios on a 8500LE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just boot from the disk you made, at the A prompt type START.EXE and the rest is self explanatory.

EDIT: It might be wise to do what Cisco said first.

from the box and everything stock on 3dmark01 not se 8099
then @ 144 fsb and 295/295 i got 9103 i couldn't do 300/300 i think is my case cooling

AMD900 said:
i just got 9596 @144fsb and297/297 after i defrag my hd

good job do not bother flashing it then, your card will run 300/300 , jeez you are on the heels of my 9804 score guess I gota unlock soon hehehhe

cisco kid

have fun......

Flashing to retail bios gives you more agressive memory settings which should give evn better performance. If the flasher itself is not bootable, stick a dr dos basic boot disk on the floppy with it. www.bootdisk.com

Running the flasher is self-expalnatory. I think you just type start.exe

ok i had to use my super disk to go to the a prompt then i started the program but it ask me if i wanted to flash to pal or nl something which one should i choose? also how should i save my bios that came with mi card b/c in case i f this up i can still send it back?

bios flasher

You can always flash back to the OEM bios using the bios flasher. I beleive it gives you the option to back-up your old bios once you select to flash to a new one.

You want NTSC since you live in North America. This is the type of TV-signal the TV-out will use.

500 more points and i'll be right w/ u i think my psu is holding me back. i can't go anymore than 144fsb

**** man it flash it to a 64mb and i can't do any o/c or it'll fris. is there a bios to flash it to a 128 mb or how do i flash it back to the old bios?

radeon bios flash

Yes, there are 128mb bios'. I didn't know your card was a 128mb model cuz its not in your sig, or I would have said something earlier. Hit up Rage3d for a quick answer and link. Does your card have bga memory (small square-shaped memory modules, or the rectangular kind?

If your card uses bga memory, then maybe this will help some...

Last edited:
yeah they are small squares 4 on each side and ive tryed to d/l that link 4 or time but is damage or something

bios

Well, I'm stuck at work now, and rage3d is blocked from here. But I'd head over there and search with one or more of these terms: "8500 128mb 7008 bios" until you find a thread or someone who knows where a good link is. You could even try that search on google and I bet you'd find what you need. The trick is only knowing what to search for....

Cisco Kid said:

good job do not bother flashing it then, your card will run 300/300 , jeez you are on the heels of my 9804 score guess I gota unlock soon hehehhe

cisco kid

have fun......

i flash it w/ 7008 for a 128 giga i think they were fix for a built by ati 128 they let me go for 300/300 @144fsb,turbo on bios open gl and direct 3d set at porformance i broke 9965 on 3dmark2001SE.

Back