• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to import Outlook Mac Data to Windows Outlook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akpubh

I am going to move from Mac platform to Windows platform that's why I need to import my all email database from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. But, I am not technical person and dont know how to do this. Can anyone plzzz suggest how can i import my Mac Outlook files to Windows Outlook??

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

:welcome:

Unless I really miss the mark here, you can copy your *.pst file to an external drive and then import it onto your new machine. Two main steps which you can easily find with Google for the details.

Yes, I searched for same but getting paid utilities and I am looking for manual steps as I dont want to pay anything for this.
BTW thanks for the reply.

Turns out I was way off the mark on this one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ook-for-mac-olm-file-into-outlook-for-windows

You cannot import an Outlook for Mac .olm file into Outlook for Windows

Content provided by Microsoft

Applies to: Outlook 2016 for Mac, Outlook for Mac for Office 365

Summary

Consider the following scenario:

You try to transfer data from Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook for Mac 2011, such as email and contacts, to Microsoft Outlook for Windows. To do this, you try to import the .olm file that was exported from Outlook for Mac. However, you receive the following error in Outlook for Windows:

The file <path>.olm is not an Outlook data file (.pst).

More Information

Microsoft Outlook for Windows does not support .olm data files. However, there are several methods that you can use to transfer data from Outlook for Mac to a Windows-based Outlook client. These methods require that you use Microsoft Exchange Server.

Synchronize data with Microsoft Exchange Server
If the data is available in a mailbox that is located on an Exchange Server, the Outlook for Windows client can access the data. To do this, the Windows client connects to the Exchange Server by using either Cached Exchange Mode or Online mode.

Export data from Microsoft Exchange to an Outlook data (.pst) file
Use the Export-Mailbox shell cmdlet from Microsoft Exchange PowerShell to export mailbox data to an Outlook data (.pst) file. For more information about the Export-Mailbox shell cmdlet, visit the following Microsoft websites:

Exporting Mailbox Data
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633455.aspx#Exp

How to Export and Import mailboxes to PST
http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/04/13/3401913.aspx

Note Currently, Microsoft does not have a utility to convert an .olm file to a .pst file.

Last Updated: May 20, 2019

Do the above instructions cover the address book/contacts as well?

And I can tell you that even when moving Outlook data from Windows to Windows just transferring the .pst file will not carry with it the cached form fill data that prompts you with the email addresses you want as you type.

Do the above instructions cover the address book/contacts as well?

And I can tell you that even when moving Outlook data from Windows to Windows just transferring the .pst file will not carry with it the cached form fill data that prompts you with the email addresses you want as you type.
You're talking about the nickname list. We have been able to file copy the nickname list from Outlook 2010 but we have been unsuccessful in importing it to Outlook 2016. The nickname list is separate from the PST. The PST will have your contacts, calendar items, all email and sub folders, tasks, etc. What we have found is that many of our users will have an address in the nickname list and not bother to add that address to their contacts folder. Thus they lose that address when we migrate over. We quit trying to get the nickname list to work when we migrate users.

I have done this successfully when moving Outlook 2016 from one computer to a new one but you say it doesn't work when moving from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016. Okay, good to know.

Back