• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOW TO OVERCLOCK RYZEN 5 3600 IN ASUS ROG STRIX B-450 E MOTHERBOARD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rayon

Hello Everyone,
Need help regarding overclocking ryzen 5 3600 in Asus Rog Strike B450- E gaming and team force delta rgb ddr4 3200mhz ram...what will be the settings in bios ...the bios is updated and i will do all core 4.2 ghz or 4.3 ghz stable plz need help in step by step in asus rog b450 e Bios...cpu cooler noctua nhu14s....

Good luck on anything over 4.2 GHz though on that CPU...

The problem with cookie cutter settings is that every CPU is different. So what othes may have may not work for you... some testing and learning will need to be done on your part.

That said, I would enable XMP, save and reboot. Then go in and try 41x multiplier with Vcore at 1.3V and see if it boots. If it does, stress test it (I use AIDA64's stress test at default). If it passes for a few mins, try raising the multiplier to 41.5, rinse and repeat. Keep the CPU under 90C when stress testing and voltage under 1.35V (your cooler won't handle more anyway likely).

When in BIOS hit F7 to go to the advanced screen. In the Tweaker section, you're going to want to enable the XMP for the RAM. That should be located in the AI Overclock drop down and called XMP or DOCP enable it and reboot.
Then in the same section you can start by upping the core multiplier to 40 and test it in windows using Prime95 small fft monitor temps with HWInfo64 then take some screen shots while testing and post them here

Alright will try today..well i am using amd overdrive ....but i will not use it i want to do the overclocking in bios and the rog menu is different there are so many option and getting confused....i will take the screen shot amd will pose here..

Back