• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Pavilion XE743

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
okay my GF has this comptuer

and im having a hell of a time figuring out what is the max cpu speed i can replace her celly with

here is what i know

chipset

Intel 810E

and its a socket 370

it says the maximum hp repacement is a 600mhz ( with it is currently at)

but id like to replace it with a 1ghz or higher if i could.

could i replace it with something other than a celly ( i dont do intell so im kinda in the dark)

put the latest bios in it and hope for the best. if it supports 133fsb it should take any of the piii range. but start with the bios.
Good Luck

id prefer to stick with the celerons becuase there cheaper
but is there a fsb limit for the them

( im retarded i know)

I meant high end PIII/Celeron based on the PIII not the celeron based on the P4. I looked it up and the 810E chipset supports 133FSB. But if you keep a celeron....are they still 66FSB? or 100? Sorry I really dont keep up on Intel. Maybe someone else knows?

well i was looking at the 2ghz celleron or is that based off the p4

definetly 1ghz or better shes running 600 now and i hate hate hate working on it becuase its sooooo slow

Yeah, even the 1.4-1.5 Celerons are (I believe) based on Willamette. As far as I saw, they went up as high as the PIIIs did, 1.33 or so. I dunno if the BIOS will recognize one though, if you do try it, you might have to set it manually. You'll probably be able to double the speed with the upgrade.

A Celeron should overclock by raising the FSB, just like other Intel chips do, no problem with that. Just remember that if you get anything above one GHz or so, you're nearing the end of the chip's range, so don't expect a whole lot of headroom.

What does it take for RAM, PC133? That stuff is dirt cheap now, try giving it a half-gig of RAM and it should pick up quite a bit, it won't have to page so often.

yes it takes 133

thats what i plan on doin gis 2 512's

also there is a option to devote some of the ram to xp proceses so they dont get paged at all sposed to speed up the os alot

i do not want to overclock this system becuase i wont allways be there to fix it i just want it 10000% stable

i think im going to go with th 1ghz celeron socket 370

if it doesnt work we can always go back to the old one.

do you think the xp install is going to filp out on us beucase of the cpu?

Back