• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hwbot's Country Cup -come here to help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Getting within about 100 points of the top us catzilla 576p submission. Am sure there's more in it (and with ya'lls help could probably beat the current top us score) but wondering if I'm better off (from a team perspective) with a different cpu?

In addition to the 5800k, also have an a10-6790k and an a6-5400k. The 5400k score seems decent but the the other scores could be improved. For some reason, I can't find the a10-6790k on hwbot. Even though the rules state "Per country five scores are required, each with a unique GPU core" am not sure if I could post a sub for that cpu without an entry?

Would think that's the apu to try real quick but want to make sure the sub would count. Any ideas??

Thanks QuickFast! Same gpu core so will keep trying the 6800k for now. Got all wound up so grabbed a couple more fm2 cpus (different gpu cores). Hoping to help get to the 5 subs and bump that low one off the team results.

Nice sub MetalRacer! woohoo!!

Have a 570 (msi twin frozr) but am not sure I'll have time to get the needed benching done (am in fm2 hell atm). If you (or another benching team member) wants to go for it, pm me and I'll lend you the card.

Since a new cpu isn't arriving today will give it a run with the 6800k. Doesn't seem to be a great overclocker but will hopefully do better than I did with catzilla.

Edit: Saw someone's now submitted with an 8670D. Does an 8570D count as a "unique GPU socket"? What else could be benched for this leg?

Last edited:
Have a GTX 570, ran a few test so far getting into the 25-26k range. will keep working on it.

Got the a6-5400k overclocking pretty nicely for the catzilla stage but have a question....since we can only submit one score per leg...am I better off beating the existing US entry for the 7540D or waiting to see how my a8-6600k/8570D (should arrive today) overclocks and try to bump that 457 score from the results?

If I beat the 7540D score then find out the 6600k does well...could I then submit that score for the 8570D so it bumps out the 457 and the 7540D score goes back to the current one from Mikecdm?

Edit: will bench both and submit whichever result yields the best combined score. Also going to give the 6800k another try...might be able to improve the relevant 3d03 score.

Last edited:
ewww...bummer. Didn't realize that :/ Thanks QuickFast.

So my only hope is to figure out why my 5400k's cat scores are so low given my settings (and fix it) or give the 6800k another try :/ Would think that of the 2...the 5400k's got a better chance?

Merry Christmas Eve all!

Finally getting the hang of fm2 and will be able to squeeze in 1 more benching session before the competition ends. The only stage that I MIGHT be competitive in is stage 6 (Catzilla). Got the a10-6790 to within 150 points of the top 8670D competition sub so that's not going to do it. Looking closer, though...I may have nothing left to bench for the cup as I've only got the following other apus to try:
a10-6800k- The 6790 clocks better so far so not sure this one's the one to try
a8-6600k (8570D)- Good clocker but goes up against the 8670d so no way.
a8-5600k (7560D)- untested but not competitive against mikecdm's ln2 sub on the 7540D (7540/7560 are same socket?)
a6-5400k (7540D)- ok clocker but not competitive against mikecdm's ln2 sub on the 7540D

Sound right? If so...guess I'll just try to finish benching the couple apus I've tried.

Country cup is wrapping up. I would get your own bests, then save up your efforts for the team cup. I think it is the next competition. I think you have all of the hardware one would need for the team cup. (Or a bunch of it anyways). :)

Seems like we had some good subs in the team cup, but LN2 seems to have ruled. Team cup seems to always come down to getting cold submissions on a large variety of hardware.

Good work and thanks to everyone that participated in the cc!!

Hopefully I get my act together for the next comps...my water pump died on me recently, as well as my trusty tx750. Replaced the psu but couldn't get a new pump yet.

Thanks for your efforts guys, glad to be part of the team :D

And Merry X-mas!

Back