• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am totally stumped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have a brand new stick of 512 Corsair 3200 C2 and it willnot work in my NF7 period.
And the thing is it is the 3rd stick I have RMAed 2 other dimms.
And this is # 3
In memtest 86 test first pass had 8 errors,I tested it in my MSI KT 333 board.
My luck sucks:(

Dude I feel 4 ya...Im havin the same problem with my Mushkin. Im startin to dislike VIA alot now:mad:

Try messin with the timings. Test #5 has been a royal pain in the a$$ to pass sucessfully. I dont know what to say. Im having alot of trouble getting high FSBs as well. Try tightening the the timings(like im gonna have to unfortunatly)

BTW ive also RMAed a stick as well. ........VIA......I guess VIA has altimezers:mad:

Yeah ive been through all that,the thing is my cheapo Twinmos 2X256 3200 C2.5 I have it running 11X210 with 6-3-3-2 and no problems what so ever,and this is my third stick of Corsair in the last 2 months or so..Arg:mad:

Luckily I RMAed through Newegg.
I just tested my Corsair in a VIA board MSI KT333 and so far no errors,it made it passed test 5 no errors,so I don't know if it is my board or the memory.

Dave65 said:
Luckily I RMAed through Newegg.
I just tested my Corsair in a VIA board MSI KT333 and so far no errors,it made it passed test 5 no errors,so I don't know if it is my board or the memory.

Its the memory,I got errors on pass 3:mad:

This is interesting. Is your failure occuring at the speed you have in your sig? Are you achieving that 2400 by using 12x200? What happens at say 9x200? I ask because the PC3200C2 would seem to imply that the memory should run 200 FSB with a CAS of 2. If it fails at an FSB of 200 and a CAS of 2 using any multiplier, that would truly be a failure to perform to specification and worthy of concern. If it fails at an FSB of 200 and a CAS of 2 only when you are running 12x200 but not 9x200, then the memory has not failed to perform to specification, something else in your setup would seem to be the culprit. Also, what Vdimm voltage have you tried, versus what Vdimm the memory is specified to achieve 200 at CAS2 at? I've been seeing a lot of memory manufacturers saying at their product will run xxx FSB at x-x-x-x timing and when you read the fine print, or press their customer support, only then is it mentioned that you need to exceed the industry accepted standard for Vdimm in order to achieve their claimed performance. This is an interesting thread and I'd like to learn more from your experience, but you need to post some greater detail about what bios settings you have tried, what works and what does not. If a manufacturer claims a memory product achieves say 200 Mhz FSB using 2-2-2-6 timings at say 2.5 Vdimm and in reality, it takes say 2.7 to get that specification stable for a given motherboard make, model and revision and they don't have that specified in their advertisement, then they are using misleading advertisement. Even though I don't currently use Corsair memory, I have in the past and have always done well by them. I used to look at Corsair as a company that did not play games in order to boost their sales. It would be disappointing to learn that they had stooped to that level, much like less reputable memory manufacturers.

Hoot

You might put your voltage at 2.75 as Corsair seems to recommend on a lot of their sticks for extra stability. This, however, is usually for their higher end sticks like 3500 and up.

Go here for a good way to test your memory. This forum is great in general for Corsair owners as Ram Guy and others know what they are talking about.

Good luck and keep posting! :cool:

Hoot said:
This is interesting. Is your failure occuring at the speed you have in your sig? Are you achieving that 2400 by using 12x200? What happens at say 9x200? I ask because the PC3200C2 would seem to imply that the memory should run 200 FSB with a CAS of 2. If it fails at an FSB of 200 and a CAS of 2 using any multiplier, that would truly be a failure to perform to specification and worthy of concern. If it fails at an FSB of 200 and a CAS of 2 only when you are running 12x200 but not 9x200, then the memory has not failed to perform to specification, something else in your setup would seem to be the culprit. Also, what Vdimm voltage have you tried, versus what Vdimm the memory is specified to achieve 200 at CAS2 at? I've been seeing a lot of memory manufacturers saying at their product will run xxx FSB at x-x-x-x timing and when you read the fine print, or press their customer support, only then is it mentioned that you need to exceed the industry accepted standard for Vdimm in order to achieve their claimed performance. This is an interesting thread and I'd like to learn more from your experience, but you need to post some greater detail about what bios settings you have tried, what works and what does not. If a manufacturer claims a memory product achieves say 200 Mhz FSB using 2-2-2-6 timings at say 2.5 Vdimm and in reality, it takes say 2.7 to get that specification stable for a given motherboard make, model and revision and they don't have that specified in their advertisement, then they are using misleading advertisement. Even though I don't currently use Corsair memory, I have in the past and have always done well by them. I used to look at Corsair as a company that did not play games in order to boost their sales. It would be disappointing to learn that they had stooped to that level, much like less reputable memory manufacturers.

Hoot

I should have updated my sig,that was with my 1.2 rev I had to RMA that MB because I had USB issues with it.
In the sig it was 12X200 with the voltage for the mem @ 1.7 anything above 1.7 volts it would not load into XP,it would reboot everytime.Then I tryed 10.5-10-9 it doesn't matter I get errors.
The think is I am getting errors on two different boards both set to 6-3-3-2..

I was wondering if my powersupply was bad,but the thing is My Twinmos 2X256 3200 works flawless.

Eroc said:
You might put your voltage at 2.75 as Corsair seems to recommend on a lot of their sticks for extra stability. This, however, is usually for their higher end sticks like 3500 and up.

Go here for a good way to test your memory. This forum is great in general for Corsair owners as Ram Guy and others know what they are talking about.

Good luck and keep posting! :cool:

Yeah I have started a thread there,but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Back