• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I had an idea, don't think it'll work...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tft

I was wondering if you could get an old fridge, and rip out the coils, and and whatever cools it, and stick it in a reservior to cool your water to sub-zero temps. Can this/has this been done? I thought they used colplates to cool the freezer on the side by side models, so thats why I thought of this.
Thanks

yep its been done, but its almost better to leave the evaporator in so it seals all the coldness in the frige...

you dont want to cut or damage any of the lines, if you do, its screwed... some others here can help you a lot better than i can.....

and some people get down around -20 to -40c with that setup....

talk to majik i think the name is, or go to the thread "project x is started" or something like that..

if you tryed this you would have to pull out ALL of the copper line going through the fridge without damageing them it would be damn hard to do!

But.... if you still willing you could overclock to **** with a cooling setup like that........

coz you would have - degree temps nearly all the time...

any ways if ur still willing i say good luck

Back