• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hit 4gig on stock air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedx^

Registered
Well I hit 4gig on stock air, at first I tried and it didnt post, I powered off and then powered on again and it works good. The only thing I cant do is play games as it heats up to much. Right now at idle its around 58c but I can do photoshop and surf etc.. I ordered a XP90 with a panaflo 80 should lower the temps abit I think. Fsb is at 269 vcore at 1.475 its been a few hours and still is ok I tried playing CS but it locked up I think the temp is to high so Ill wait till the hs and fan come in. Some Pics to show, Who would have thought 4gig on stock air :)

CpuZ

Cpu

My Case

Stock Fan

Last edited:
3.7 is all I could get on air and not stock air at that. I had to back it down to 3.6 to make it stable. I have a friend thats only running 4 on water with a 3.2. I could not see the pics well enough to see what you started with but I saw the fsb and thats high for a stock fan.

My [email protected] is 100% prime stable running heat test twice, using a fsb of 240 if i raise the 1 fsb it isnt 100% prime stable no matter what voltage i give it.
And as your idle is 58c soon as your cpu has any real work to do it will throttle really quickly.

=AG= Devilhorse said:
You doing that through the bios or through a program like clockgen?

Through the bios, I dont like those programs

Fourevercali said:
what kind of ram??? 3200??? thast crazy, can you even get 269 fsb out of 3200 are u running a divider, ur using a stock HSF??? weiiirddd

theres alot of tccd based pc3200 ram out there that can get up around 280ish fsb @ 1:1 with the ram in my sig i can get up to 278mhz t1 with my a64 setup but I cant get it over 270 in my intel rig even with relaxed timmings :-/

Back