• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I'm in love...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
After many months of searching...I believe that I have found the perfect radiator fan for my Corsair H110i GTX...and I think I'm in love!

Saw these on Amazon...4 pack for $45.88:

Prolimatech Red Vortex 14 LED:

IMG_1011-2.jpg

Looks pretty sweet!

IMG_1013.JPG

Off with the Noctua, on with these!

IMG_1015.JPG

Gotta do push/pull as these fans have low static pressure:

IMG_1016.JPG

And now...for the money shot!

IMG_1019-2.jpg

These things run at 1000 RPM full out...but are deadly quiet. It's like wow. Even more quiet than the 14 inch Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM fans I had on the radiator. I moved 2 of the Noctuas to the front of the case for intake fans.

Dang...these things are quiet...I think I'm in love!

Temperatures (CPU and AIO coolant) are about the same as with the Noctua...will run more overnight...but WOW!

The LED digits in the bottom right of the picture is the CPU temperature...I'm currently folding at 132 W of processor power.

The Noctua fans would be just as quiet (or quieter) if you ran them at 1000RPM...

The Noctua fans would be just as quiet (or quieter) if you ran them at 1000RPM...

They are quiet at 1000 RPM (have them in the front of my case now...2 left over!) I don't know if the push 87 CFM at 1000 RPM? I used to keep them at 1200 RPM when they were on my radiator.

However, they don't have the bling! :D

They are quiet at 1000 RPM (have them in the front of my case now...2 left over!) I don't know if the push 87 CFM at 1000 RPM? I used to keep them at 1200 RPM when they were on my radiator.

However, they don't have the bling! :D

Honestly if they're dead silent, I'm calling BS on the 87CFM number for these fans too. You'll get at least some air movement noise.

Seems expensive for a sleeve bearing fan. Not sure how long they're going to last mounted horizontally like that either. Always heard that is a no-no with sleeve bearing fans.

let me see.... my sythe ultra kaze 3000 spin at 3000 rpm for 130cfm, those spin at 1000 rpm and look a lot like my coolemaster r4 fans????????????

I liked the red (goes with my theme)...they have other colors too.

I am only running them at max RPM (getting 1050 on one set of 2, and 1121 on the other set) in push/pull on my Corsair H110i GTX AIO.

I don't have any sort of flow sensor, but I can feel the air moving out of the top of my case...don't know if it's the rated CFM or not.

But, these fans are pretty quiet...at $15 a fan (with the red LED I wanted)...I figured it was worth a shot.

Like I said...I think I'm on love!

Back