• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-4930K upgrade or hold out till Haswell-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go with what Atmin said, grab the cash back and sell the Mobo as a spares unit with 1 slot not working. Someone would buy it just for the spares i think!!

AJ.

I would go with what Atmin said, grab the cash back and sell the Mobo as a spares unit with 1 slot not working. Someone would buy it just for the spares i think!!

AJ.

Shoot, someone that didn't care about quad channel would buy it for near full price I suspect.

Considering the performance gains are nill from going dual to quad (bandwidth does not count) in the vaaaaaaaaaaaaast majority of cases, I agree. The tough part is convincing someone of that though...

Considering the performance gains are nill from going dual to quad (bandwidth does not count) in the vaaaaaaaaaaaaast majority of cases, I agree. The tough part is convincing someone of that though...

People want others to celebrate with them. They are also wanting to know the down side while many actually want someone to talk them out of it.

Refurbished always makes me nervous about spending money on an expensive item.

I'm not sure there is a real distinction between the two, but I'd think so a bit.

:-/

At least I thought there used to be maybe anything open box is refurbished these days, about like a used car be called pre-owned.

Open box I've had pretty good luck with, the P6T7 in here been rocking for years and bought it half price open box at the time.

:thup:

Back