• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I have a..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlackerTK421

agp videocard running through a pci videocard will it hinder the agp card? Does the agp card run directly through the pci video card to the monitor keeping agp speeds- or does it drop to pci speeds? I want to be able to run glide for older games .. Thanks.

ATI-->V5500-->Monitor. ?When I'm running the Ati will it stay the same speed AGP wise?

SlackerTK421 said:
agp videocard running through a pci videocard will it hinder the agp card? Does the agp card run directly through the pci video card to the monitor keeping agp speeds- or does it drop to pci speeds? I want to be able to run glide for older games .. Thanks.

ATI-->V5500-->Monitor. ?When I'm running the Ati will it stay the same speed AGP wise?

I'm finding that a bit confusing.

Are you saying you have 2 video cards—AGP and PCI? Or are you saying that you are using an AGP-PCI adapter (they make those???) and plugging in the AGP card in the PCI slot? If that's true, why in the world did you do that? Please clarify.

-PC

Maybe its a Voodoo card with VGA passthrough? The two cards shouldn't affect each others performance, just make sure whatever game you are playing it set to use the right device.

-Rav

well if its going through pci, it wont be running at the speeds AGP does...it will be running at pci speed - I am however confused to exactly how you have it set up

Back