• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you own a Leadtek GF4 ti...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

How do you clean the dust filters? When I got mine, I just removed them to increase the airflow. However, they get dusty too often and require constant cleaning. I'm thinking of putting the filters back on but was wondering how you guys clean the filters when they get dirty?

The Ti4200 doesn't have a filter, but they the the plastic mesh one, right? Just rise it in water, dry it then put it back.

C'mon! As if there aren't more Leadtek ti4400 or 4600 owners out there! They are the best! I jsut need to figure out whether its safe to clean the filters with water?

When I say with water, I mean with water after removing them from the card of course :D

I removed the filters on the hsf since day 1.
I've never encounterd dust probs since both of my intake case fans have filters.
I would probably just flush the filters out with water.

I've removed my filters as well...makes the card less whiny. I have filters placed over where my case intakes are and this helps.

As for cleaning them...they are just little pieces of foam...a quick squirt from a can of air should be able to "defuzz" them easily enough.

I'm actually considering unplugging the fans and using a 120mm Vantec Stealth fan to blow at the card. Those fans on the card are so puny and I feel the 120mm will produce more flow over the card on both sides...

I have a Zalman cooler with the fan arm and that is where I would install the 120mm, underneath the 92mm that is blowing over my CPU... http://www.zalman.co.kr/images/swimages/0201/6500b.swf

Any thoughts to my strategy?

Last edited:
syntax_error said:

As for cleaning them...they are just little pieces of foam...a quick squirt from a can of air should be able to "defuzz" them easily enough.

Before I put a waterblock on my Leadtek ti4600 a simple spraying of compressed air cleans the foam filter nicely. ;)

Back