• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im doing something wrong but what???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigAL99

Registered
hi guys ive hooked up my block etc 3 times on 3 different boards and the result has been the same the board fires up lights everything but no post and no beeps
when i go back to air and clear the csmos and everything nothing helps so now im scared i got another board and a case with pipes everywhere and im scared :(
the chip,ram and video card all work when i set it up on air before moving to water then thats that the end.
system

2600 t bread athlon xp
nd-7-s m/board
512 pc 2700 crucial ddr ram
enermax eg365p-ve power supply
dangerden rbx block
eheim 1210 water pump
thermochill 120-1
2 x 120 mm ys tech fans push pull

any clues would be helpfull thanks

alan

if everything for the watercooling is set up correctly (pump running, water flowing) and the computer runs before you change out the heasink for the waterblock, then the only thing that would seem to be causing problems is the mounting of the rbx. make absoluteely sure that it making proper contact with the cpu. also, i have heard that some motherboards don't like not having a cpu fan. with the watercooling setup, plug in the cpu fan and see if it boots.

Last edited:
Don't torque the block down vice grip strength tight. You'll warp the board and cause that same problem.

thanks for the replies i did check the bios and made sure the cpu fan was disabled i do wonder that it could be im doing the block to tight although i must admit i dont think i am
anyway i have lenghtened the tube to the block i think maybe it was a bit to tight anyway im testing the the joints again this week why im away and will try again next weekend

the cpufan doesn't just have to be disabled. i have heard that some boards will not start without a fan plugged in for the first time.

Back