• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im looking for a mmo to play

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ive been really bored lately with gaming .. its mostly all FPS .. q4 was meh .. fear was good .. cs:s is fun but .. i want a game to really get into ..

i used to play diablo2 ALOT ... i tried guildwars .. not so good .. i played WOW for a little bit when it first came out .. but kinda just stopped playing ..

what do u guys recommend ? how is FFXI ? star wars galaxies now that is has changed a bunch since it first came out ?? etc

thanks

I hear the Rome series is pretty good,and have been interested in playing it myself...but thats more along the lines of a sim I suppose

bf2 might as well be an mmo...

starwars galaxies vet here... stay away from that game... so buggy its pre-alpha again and a pile of unplayable crap.

EVE Online or WoW if you are more interested in PvP ( pick your genre ) and City of Heroes/City of Villians if you want a few months of fun. IMHO, being also an EVE/CoH/CoV vet( eve 2+ years and coh ~ 15 months ) , CoH and CoV's PvP is pointless other than having flavor of the month builds. PvP the games might as well be Called City of Controllers and City of Domiators. Only the flavor builds will win usually unless you play newbies or roleplayers giving pvp a shot. PvE CoH/CoV is good for about 6 months if you get both and then you will probably be going back to WoW

my .02 :D.

People just don't like everquest 2 do they? EQ2. Lots of content and great community.

PvP = EVE
PvE = EQ2

Only ones I did like. Both takes time to get into and theres much to learn.

EVE, is not based on how much you play except the skills you train but on how you use the equipment to its fullest ability. PvP is great in this game, you really never know what will happen to you in battle. There are many other apsects of the game also. The economy system should be a college class since its very complicated and basically all items on the market, is player made/sold (only a few cases where its not).

EQ2, I played this for 3-4 months. Good game in my book, lots of time has to be put in to play it. Its fun as long as you find a group of players in your range. I havn't really touched it since Feburary, and I know quiet a bit has changed since then. Lots of quests. Only downside is there was no PvP option, but I think theres arena's now that you can fight in. It will take some time to get to max level which is nice, your not running around with people that started the game 2 weeks ago and are at the same lvl as you, sort of a feeling like you accomplished something.

I've had friends play WoW, they enjoy it alot. I've tried it a few times through trials and such. Not my kind of fun, just doesn't have the feeling as if you completed something like some of the other games I think.

Yea stay away from Star Wars Galaxies! The NGE is complete gargabe. I just quit! LOL.
If you have never played Ultima online give that a try it used to be a really good game.

i really didnt wanna play WOW again .. i was thinking about FFXI .. just cuz i love ff series .. but i heard unless u find a good group .. u basically wont get anywhere and now with 2 expansions out i think .. i will be soooooo far behind .. it would prolly be hard as hell to find anyone ..

with WOW .. my friend plays .. he actually started when i did .. but i quit and he didnt .. he is beyond addicted to the game .. i just want something to play until diablo 3 is released .. so basically another 6 months to a year ..

is it too late though to get into the game tho .. its been out for awhile ..
with the expansion coming out soon right ??

I'm an ex-EQ2 player. I left because RL didn't allow me to play as much as I felt was worth paying for. I also played on a friend's account on WOW.

I thought both games were pretty good, but no matter how good a game is, without a good community to back it up, the game will be aweful. After saying that, I had an awesome year in EverQuest 2 with my guild. If you find the right group of people it really good. Personally I enjoyed it much more than WoW, but all I could really say would be to give it a try and see what you think for yourself. My favorite game may not be yours, and vice versa.

Back