• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im new and having problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaredm2525

Hey, Im borrowing a computer from a friend (he is in Iraq), and before he left, he was overclocking his computer. Now, when im playing a video game, the computer will restart. Is this due to his overclocking? I don't think it is because of heat (it feels pretty cool inside the pc). Please help.

it might feel cool inside the case, but the actual tempeture of the cpu is what matters and if he is having problems with coolin the cpu in the first place it could be the source of the computer restarting. or is it hotter at your place than at his? that might make the difference. now there are other things that could come into play but lets first figure out if it is the cpu cooling that has problems.

First tell us about the system. tell us all the stats. and then report back

I bet you its just oced to high, my computer does the same exact thing when its oced to high, I just go into the bios, lower the CPU clock about 2 points, then go back, also, did the guy in iraq play the game your playing before he left?becuase if he did, it must have done the same thing its doing to you now, and I think he would have changed it so it dident. anyway, when I oc to high, my computer restarts, and it sounds like yours has the same problem mine did.

its an amd athlon xp 2600+ (2.2ghz?), 512 ram. Is this the info you wanted, or did you want the settings in the BIOS also? I went into BIOS and noticed that CPU temp is 54 degree celsius.

Well, i lowered the cpu clock speed from 176 to 175 and now its working. This is pretty fun (overclocking). I might get into it. Thanks.

Back