• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingredients of thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The MSDS is complete.

They don't have to tell their secret ingredient, but they do have to tell you if it is harmful.

A manufacturer cannot just put 'secret'. They have to justify the omission and still have to disclose it's affects on the MSDS.

The lifetime is probably decreased and at high age the health is able to suffer......slowly destroy its regeneration, although no sudden damage made.

This is completely normal, regardless of how much TIM you've touched in your younger days. You gotta die sometime bro. Make room for new people on earth.

It depends what you eat and breath. I got cleaner air than inside city, and my food is way more quality than the average US food. ;) I only drink high grade tea and fresh water... so you see i do care about health.

You didn't get my point :)
I wasn't talking about pollution or "bad food" but more about allergens, free radicals, etc...
Danger DOES exists wherever you go, whatever you touch. But you can't leave without taking risks, accepting the danger, as sure as you can't live without breathing or eating ;)

It can take 10-20 years until you suffer from the stuff, because younger body may be able to handle a lot but as soon as it gets older it will start to suffer.

I've noticed your "can" and "may" :D

The answer is no: radiotoxicity doesn't care about your age, it is more related to your health condition at the moment you get irradiated.
For the chemical danger as for radiotoxicity, the problem is the same: you have to know at least two things to conclude whether the substance will be dangerous in the long term (we agree it is in the short term :D).
1) Will it stay in my body? How? An example is Iode that goes in the throat and stay here. If I is radioactive (I129 for example), the danger in middle-long term is real.
At the opposite, Xenon 135 (radioactive)has no use for the body, so it won't be kept inside it. The danger will also occure during the 7 days of its mid-life.
HF stays in your body for life because it does attack the Calcium of your bones. Since the human body has no way to "clean" the bones themselves, the HF remains.
I don't see what kind of substance could be put in TIM that would stay in your body and becomes a danger in long term.

Substances who have long term consequences most of the time need several and frequent contacts to become "efficient" (lead, asbestos, etc...)

2) Is the substance dangerous for the part of the body where it stays?
Iode for the throat, lead for lungs, etc...
You didn't eat the TIM (right? :D)?

Because I am in contact with such hazardous substances, my lab has to make me pass regular biological/ chemical analyses (legal obligation in France) and I am still wealthy although 5 years may have passed since the first time I was in contact with such substances ;)

I am not saying that there are no danger: there is! Like I've said in first point. But no need to panic: go to your doctor, explain, pass the biological exam (if you have an idea of the kind of substances you're looking for) and it will be clear :)

What you are saying may be true for long term and frequent exposure: never for ponctual contacts (except for HF and a few substances, but be sure that it doesn't wait 20 years to be a pain: it is almost immediate...:thup:)

Im probably suffering from a psychic disease and will need treatment. Better luck surely would have helped me to stay healthy but i simply for some reason didnt deserve such a condition.

I had in mind that i would have the right to get stuff at proper condition but im wrong, i simply lack the rights. All i can do for now is to get a second board at proper condition, it doesnt matter how much it will cost because im sick and it will help me to get ride of the sickness. Prehaps the vendor will make me some good price but thats it.

Its difficult to cure but i will tackle it, with physical force and will. Guess can continue to use the other board, because its cleaned (and actually not polluted). However, i will throw away any other content, and get a new package (obviously with new board because package cant be gotten itself). The most mighty sickness is hitting me but i will fight that reality. Its not the first time im fighting such conditions, so im trained well... i think im a miraculous being but at the same time a difficult one, simply how i am, all i can do is to limit the bad side effects with hard will and actions.

Besides: Staying healthy doesnt mean to live forever, but it does mean to have happy life and not to suffer from a disease during lifetime (and better be safe than sorry, avoid dangerous chemicals at all cost). Sure, TIM may be a rather weak chemical substance but its still something which should not pollute any other stuff other than the IHS or DIE. At any other spot, its simply wrong, but apparently a manufactury isnt always clean, and yes, stuff like that can pass the plant (it can be visible or invisible, it doesnt necessarely be visible).

So, im right, there is no doubt about. But im putting an overdrive because i do care much more.

Last edited:
Back