• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing CDRW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey guys, couple of days ago I ordered new CDRW and wondered what would be the best setting for it on the IDE?
I have 1 UDMA66 HDD w/ 80pin cable on Primary master and 1UDMA 33 CDROM secondary master, where and what setting would give me the most reliable reults and won't hurt performance?

don't put it on the same line as your HDD - keep it on a separate channel - it will run better for you.

primary master: Hard Drive
primary slave: CD-ROM
secondary master: CD-RW

enables best performance for disk to disk and hard drive to CD-R copying.

Hmmm... I won't be able to do it, my HDD is on the midi towers floor and the CDROM is in the 2nd (from top) 5.25" bay. the IDE cable isn't long enough

u could just have your cdrw on 2nd master and cdr on 2nd slave, it should run fine the only thing is when doing cd copying(cd to cd-primary to secondary) you will have to write to drive then copy from the image instead of direct copying(your software should do this automatically when it id that both on same channel), as direct cd to cd copying dosent work well when both devices reside on same IDE channel

I think thats the only prob you would have

HEHE, cool...
I unfortunatly didn't get the drive yet, its all those holidays and weekends going on, I guess.. :p

Back