• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel i9-13900K and i5-13600K Review: Say Hello to Raptor Lake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Test request: perf at different power limits for 13900k vs 7950x. Even if just CB R23, but more workloads would be welcome.

Derbauer did some power limit testing which you can find on his Youtube channel. Cutting down the power is a great way to keep a lot of the performance but dropping the consumption by huge margins. It's something like 10-20% performance loss for 50-66% less power.

To see Intel give such a huge performance uplift from the 12th gen is really impressive. Kind of tells me that Alder Lake was setting the stage for the new platform, but that Raptor Lake was where they really wanted to be. I want to see the 13700K numbers so that it can be compared directly with the same core count as the 12900K. The 13600K (for a new chip/platform) gives great value, esp. if keeping with DDR4.

I can't justify an upgrade from my current 9th gen for a 4K gaming only setup, but man is it tempting to play with new toys. Can always sell the old stuff to recoup some cost as well.

Test request: perf at different power limits for 13900k vs 7950x. Even if just CB R23, but more workloads would be welcome.
I know these aren't different power limits but if you look at the Corona and Blender results and power usage, the 7950X was ahead by 3-4% and used much less power to do so. I may be able to run some other tests but still have the 7950X/7600X review to put out. Give me a better idea of what you want and maybe I can accommodate it.

I know these aren't different power limits but if you look at the Corona and Blender results and power usage, the 7950X was ahead by 3-4% and used much less power to do so. I may be able to run some other tests but still have the 7950X/7600X review to put out. Give me a better idea of what you want and maybe I can accommodate it.
Many places limit their observations to max power, but it would be interesting to see how both CPUs scale for all core loads at some lower fixed power limits. I've found and compared R23 results from two other sites, and 7950X seems pretty consistent but 13900k could vary with the old bug of mobo supplying excess voltage being a problem in one case. 7950X still takes the efficiency crown in that case, but it would be interesting to see some other all core workloads. My personal favourite would be Prime95 built in benchmark at 256k FFT for example as it would also be interesting to see how AVX-512 stacks up on Zen 4.

Back