• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it my A7V266-E, or am I just running hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfmist

I started a thread a few days ago about my water cooling setup running at 53C. This temp was from the Asus probe, and not anything I put on there.

Here was my setup then:

CPU -> GPU -> Radiator -> Rez with 1250 in the rez -> CPU

The specs are as follows:
Asus A7V266-E bios 1004
1900xp not overclocked
Lian-65 (great case)
Dangerden Maze2
Dangerden GPU waterblock
Dangerden Supercube (I don't like it getting a heatercore)
1 gallon external rez with 4 ounces of water wetter.
120mm fan pulling air out of the rad.
ambient:77F water: 89.9F

Now I have:

CPU -> GPU -> Rez -> Pump -> Rad -> CPU

The pump is now out of the water. Several people suggested this would help signficantly.

Everything else is the same, though I did reapply artic silver again.

I couldn't find any temperature measure device on the MB in the middle of the Socket.

Finally, I read that someone was looking for an athlonXP MB that could read the XP's internal Diode.

Hoot said the A7V266-E has the wiring for it, but its disabled because of problems Asus had with it (I believe). I was wondering if anyone has any more info on this. The latest version bios is 1006, with beta being 1007 (for Tbred support), and again I have 1004.

I believe that my temps are good, but whatever is measuring the temps is way off. If anyone has any ideas as to what is going on, please tell.

Back