• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to force 4:3 aspect ratio in Windows 10?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I just dug up an old copy of GTA: Vice City at a garage sale and it's the PC version. I decided to give it a shot, lady gave it to me for 50 cents. Come home, install it, and it says it can't find 640x480 video mode. Now I've since learned this is a 4:3 resolution and I need to know if it's possible to force 4:3 on a 16:9 display, much less a TV? I'm assuming this could be done through Windows 10 or nVidia's control panel but just creating a custom resolution didn't work. I think it's gonna be stubborn about genuine 4:3. Any help is appreciated. :D

trents

Right click on the Desktop. Choose Display Settings and then cllicke on the link called "Advanced Display Settings" and see if any of the resolutions listed correspond to 4:3. 800x600 would be 4:3 as would 1280 x 960.