• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

Im thinking of purchasing some speakers, maybe 5.1, to use with my onboard sound. Is it worth it? Is the quality any good? What if I just get 2.1.

If you wanna get some nice speakers that aren't too expensive then get the Logitech Z-560's, if you have a lot of money to spend then get the Klispch's 5.1's... I higly recommend you get a better sound card, onboard sound is mad sh*tty, juz get a TBSC which are on sale at CompUSA for like $40.

-Nore

get 5.1 if you really want surround sound. I would personally choose a better stereo satellite pair though.

for 2.1 go klipsch
for 4.1 go logitech
for 5.1 go klipsch

That is my personal opinion and from what I hear from most people. I personlly dont like creative speakers because I find them to be too weak and they sound like a boombox when you turn them up loud.

But dont use onboard sound, go buy a Turtle Beach or a Soundblaster or a Hercules or something just not onboard.

2.1 go kplisch? Are you kidding me? Last time I saw them at newegg they were $169. They may have dropped now, but I am sure they are just-as-good speakers for less the price. Heck, I can get a decent 4.1 setup with that!

And what's wrong with sounding like a boombbox?

-PC

If you have the SiS chipset, go download the new audio drivers to get rid of the crackles and pops. It sounds SO much better.

I don't know about the VIA chipset, but maybe someone else does.

And yes, it should sound AT LEAST half decent.

-PC

if its the c-media onboard sound youve got then its pretty good, it hasnt good any advanced features, but as far as music playback is concerned it isnt all that bad

Back