• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Rain Effective?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eil Atan

I used to use the program Rain to make sure my K6-2 wasn't getting too hot... I haven't used the program in a while... is it advisable to use this program when overclocking or does it negate the effects of o/c'ing the processor?

Checkout Software and Operating Systems. There is a posting called Rain is a serious hog, it might answer a few of your questions.

It only helps your temps while your CPU is at idle speeds under full load it does not work and it is not ment too at full load. Its best if you only run Rain on a Intel system as to many AMD users have problems with it, if you want to run software to help out with idle temps try www.tweakfiles.com and try another program.

[Oc]acaridans (Jul 27, 2001 08:34 p.m.):
I tryed rain on one of my w2k box's and it actually raised the temp.

yikes! I guess i will stay away from it then... thanks for all the help though, i hate to install progs that aren't going to do anything helpful...

Back