• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a good micro ATX mobo out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warlord2

I wanted to make a nice compact computer in a mini case and to do that I will need to mini mobo. I would like a mobo with the KT266a or better chipset and I will need it to have atleast FSB overclocking capabilities. I was looking at the EP-8KMM+ but I donno if I can overclock with it. Anyone know of a mobo that would be good for me? I also want it to be as cheap as posible.
A 1.2 tbird will be on it just to let you know.
doesnt need onboard sound or video

Warlord2 said:
I wanted to make a nice compact computer in a mini case and to do that I will need to mini mobo. I would like a mobo with the KT266a or better chipset and I will need it to have atleast FSB overclocking capabilities. I was looking at the EP-8KMM+ but I donno if I can overclock with it. Anyone know of a mobo that would be good for me? I also want it to be as cheap as posible.
A 1.2 tbird will be on it just to let you know.
doesnt need onboard sound or video

I don't know if the Epox 8KLM2 is any use to you. Integrated everything - but its an SDRAM board.

You could always get a full size board and chop it in half :D

Chaintech:
7SID - MATX, 2 DDR DIMMs, SiS 735 chipset, ob audio, no ob sound

Asus:
A7V-VM - http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7vl-vm/overview.htm

I run the Epox 8KHM in my LAN box. The only problem I have with it that there is no multiplier and voltage settings. There is FSB adjustments up to 200. You will have to overclock by changing the bridges right on the chip. I have my old 1ghz AVIA-Y running at 1400mhz until I get more than 1.75 volts to it. I like the board!

do you think I could do a voltage mod on the board even though you cant set the voltage in the bios? And am I correct to think the board will give me the same benchmarks as my shuttle AK31 sence it has the same chipset?

and I ment the EP-8KHM:beer: and it does take DDR

and one more thing if I do get this mobo, can you increase the voltage to the ram? and sense I want to go for high fsb, will I need to increase voltage on the ram to get lets say 166fsb out of OCZ 256MB PC3000?

Back