• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this amd cpu computer good for games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That doens't make sense to me. Why not just buy the proper board so you don't have to neuter the CPU?

Again key factor is if its coming pre-built from a shop, say brighthouse in the UK. If you're on a low budget, they sell computers in that usually half is good and half is crap, you pay twice what it would be if you pre-picked BUT you pay only $10-$15/week which for a student or someone on low income is heaven. If you got a little on the side you can then get the good parts from whatever outlet and swap them out, seen this done hundreds of times.

OFC a little more info from the OP would be nice in helping him making the decision.

Ahh yes, you are hanging your hat on it being a prebuilt (and I understand why). Makes sense now.. but that said, I just wouldn't buy it and look for one with proper hardware. If the person is here asking this question about a pre-built, not sure its there to piece-meal it together after the fact.

Hence why i said we needed more info. I bought a comp from Brighthouse about 5 years ago, i am still using the monitor (its in my sig) and the 1tb 5400rpm drive from it for backups on a dock, everything else was meh but i kept replacing as i got budget. Worked out fine at the time because i didn't pay anything up front and took it home the same day i made the contract.

Well hopefully he knows what to do with it by now ?

LOL, I get why you mentioned you needed more info...

Now the thumb twiddling game until the OP responds!

Back