• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This HSF ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i never heard of a volcano 5
you sure its not a volcano 6cu+ or volcano 7?

if there was a volcano 5 am sure that its prob pretty old and not recomenned on a XP anyways if your going to attept an overclock

it might just be enough to cool it. dont expect to overclock
it. id go with a Glaciator or 6cu +. both run under 20$ and
the glaciator is QUIET and performs EXCELLENT.

if you want links to these products just say so and i'll
post em.

yes plz link ERRRRR damn company i ordered a ecs K7S5A and a xp1600 1.4 i said can i ahve the best HSF that u gusy carry and it was a volcano 5 i installed it hmm i dont knwo but i knwo its called volcano 5

Hey Guys, Heres the Volcano 5. Looks pretty generic to me (Something like you would get in the retail box). I would suggest upgrading to the 6 or 7. They really aren't that expensive.

Volcano 5

I just checked and it is AMD recommended for a processor up to XP1700+. Without any serious overclocking the one you have (I assuming the Volcano 5) should be just fine. Just keep an eye on it and make sure you have good airflow in your case.

yea, it should be okay for now, just make sure u got some
good flow to it at least.

The volcano series is somewhere in that vague range between stock fans and good coolers. Basically, I'd just try it and see what temperatures you get. I can guarantee it will perform better than a coolermaster stock fan, so you won't fry it if you try it.
I will second the suggestion of a Glaciator 2. I have the G-lite (a lighter, aluminum version of it.) It's sufficient for an overclocked 1600XP. As a bonus, they include a little packet of arctic silver 2 thermal paste! It's also very quiet.

The Volcano 5 should be ok as long as you don't overclock.
It also won't be as noisy as most of the excellent hsf available.

Back