• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this MoBo a Dog?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lozer

Registered
Does anyone have any luck with the MSI K7T Pro2-A and a duron. I cant get my duron 750 over 918 successfully. At 950 it runs but crashes after a reboot?

I've heard some good things and some bad things about that board - I won't be convinced of it's quality until it gets as much praise as the A7V and the KT7-R. Still, it might not be the mobos fault you can't oc more than that - try a burnin, running seti or something else to stress the cpu 100% for a few days/weeks. Also, you might need better cooling - what Vcore and temps are you running at? In my experience socket A proc's get pretty unstable at 55C+, so if you're hovering around 50C you might want to cool it some more.

My temps are good stays below 100 at all times I got a winfop38.
I have a shim and artic silver and just redid the pencil trick.
I ran stable at 936 -9x/104fsb.
What do I need to do exactly for burnin? What program do I use?
I have Sandra.

For a burnin just leave the computer on 24 hrs a day, for a few days (or as long as it takes, could be a week), doing something that constantly stresses the cpu 100%. Setiathome is great for this, plus you can join the oc.com seti team and do something 'useful' with your computer while you're not using it! Get it from http:\\setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu :)

Back