• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this update for BF4 Mantle!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea all this is confusing, downloaded the latest and greatest beta drivers and i'm not seeing the the ability to enable to mantle. When i try to run the 32 bit version, the game freezes when i click on options. Think i have a problem here lol

Disable the Intel HD4000 in the display adapters section of the device manager.
I had the same issue, as have many, many others. Disabling the HD4000 allows Mantle to function.

That seemed to do the trick. Messed around a little bit and it seems like have my performance isn't as good as I thought it would be. As mentioned earlier, looks like they only optimized mantle for the newer amd cards. I'll wait around till for the newer drivers.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I was so upset today with AMD drivers and random crashes that I went out and bought myself a EVGA SC GTX 780ti :)

Sorry guys I was so upset today with AMD drivers and random crashes that I went out and bought myself a EVGA SC GTX 780ti :)

I really don't blame you at all, but you could have waited for a stable driver release. I just looked at the history on my 6950 I got in March of 2011, the stable driver that no longer caused crashes was released in April of 2012. So, just maybe, in another year AMD will release a stable driver that doesn't cause crashes or BSOD's. The newer 14.1's just kept crashing, sometimes every five minutes in BF4 but the 13.12's don't crash as often, but BSOD every few hours.

Back