• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your CPU really big and heavy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
If so, you might want to invest in one of these:

CPU.jpg

nice invention, too bad it restricts airflow.

did u really make a hovercraft? i really wanna make an RC powered one, any guides out there?

Nah, my cpu's just a tiny little thing, about 2" x 2". My big cases come with rollers, though.:D

my high school computer science teacher thought that the CPU was all the components inside the case, shows you how crap she was.

BinarySuperman said:
nice invention, too bad it restricts airflow.

did u really make a hovercraft? i really wanna make an RC powered one, any guides out there?

Not really I just cut a hole in a cereal box and ducktaped the fan in there and stuck a Tt 92mm on the back so it could push and counter act the torque

Sorry, I have my desk balanced carefully on 3"x3"x2" blocks to make it high enough to fit my full tower under. If I raise my desk high enough to use on of those things, then I'll have to put my chair on blocks to be able to comfortably reach the keyboard... Then imagine what would happen if I lean back too far :eek:

I'd be afraid to put just my CPU on that thing. What if a kid comes along and desides to go for a ride on the card? That would be the quickest core-crusing ever!

BinarySuperman said:

You'd need a centrifugal blower to make an effective hovercraft. Ducted axial fans are less effecient. If you get some small nidec blowers (4 or 5), building materials, 1 servo, and a 2-4 channel radio you could build a 2 pound hovercraft.

Back