• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with high end pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hetoaster

Registered
So i built a pc last year with the following specs:

gtx 660ti

i53570k

asrock b75m

corsair vengence 1600mhz 8gb

650 watt psu

windows 7 64

Every game i had would stutter/ freeze espicially during level loading and streaming. Games like farcry 2 and fallout 3 would hitch the most. So i ran latency monitor and it said i had a "high page fault resolution time".

Anyways i got enough money around 1400 to build a new computer with the same cpu and ram

but with a msi z77 gd 45 motherboard

gtx 780 and 250 gb ssd.

After i instaled windows on it on the trial version (would like a new oem serial plz) i installed all my motherboard driver updates from the msi utility that checks and installs them all. I have the latest video card updates and cpu chipset drivers. I havent tried updating my bios just yet but i dont think thats the issue.

I have also tried disabling throttleing/speedstep. Overclocking cpu and ram, playing with video settings high or low doesnt matter it still stutters, adaptive vsync and fps limits. And now latency monitor says "one or more DPC routines that belong to a driver in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable cpu throttling ( did that) check for bios updates"

So should i return my gtx 780 and just abandon PC gaming? So far i hate usuing a keyboard and mouse for gaming, hate using a monitor and office chair for gaming, hate the community, and hate how expensive it is to "build" a pc that just stutters and runs like poop even though there seems to be no user error on this or my last computer.

Sounds like a console is right up your alley considering you literally hate everything about PC gaming... or maybe you're just frustrated. I've never heard of 'latency monitor,' so uninstalling that would be my first suggestion.

And yeah, details on your PSU would be nice.

Sounds like you need a lot of things.

First, a legitimate copy of Windows.
Second, some basic knowledge of how to maintain a computer OS properly. (i.e. not installing garbage software)
Third, if you don't like anything about PC gaming then sell your components and get a console.

Yikes...you're a hot mess over this, LOL!

You can only use ONE of those files. I suggest the newest file/bios.

You need to start over and install the basics and see if it happens.. Windows, Chipset, GPU drivers, reboot, install the game and see what happens.

What resolution are you gaming at and at what settings in game? The 660ti is a last gen midrange card, so I wouldn't expect FPS miracles out of it.

What resolution are you gaming at and at what settings in game? The 660ti is a last gen midrange card, so I wouldn't expect FPS miracles out of it.

True but it shouldnt stutter on Farcry 3, my 550Ti, @ 1080p settings on high/ultra i have no stuttering and get silky smooth gameplay (never actually monitored FPS, but it doesnt stutter or clip).

If I go into level editor and place a few hundred explosive barrels and touch them off... well then it gets interesting

listen guys im not trying to have a debate on whats better so far consoles are

anyways the brand psu shouldnt matter but its a seasonic x650

and i have a cd version of windows thats installed but the serial wont work on this motherboard
and latency mon is not garbage software it told me whats wrong with my system. I have not put any garbage software on my pc all i did was update every componet to the latest update, installed all the net frameworks and c++ from microsfoft. There is no user error here all the hardware is compatible and it was assembled properly (obviously it was since it powers on) The stutter wasnt as bad as my old pc but its still a slight "hitch" every couple of minutes and i didn't pay 1400 for a computer to skip frames at all.

And currently im using a 4gb module of the corsair vengence 1600 becuase the other 4gb was in a different build i sold to my brother and i should get new ram. Would a lower cas latency help? mine is dialed at 9-9-9-24 in the bios and set to 1600. How about if i get anohter stick and run it in dual channel? whatever suggestions you have please give them to me im gonna get to the bottom of this

Oh brand DOES matter... but you have a great PSU so in this case, it does not. Also, that software may not be telling you the cause of the problem, but just a problem. You seem to have some misconceptions on things. Let us help you, and keep an open mind. We ask pointed questions for a reason (to get to the bottom of problems). That said.....

A 'hitch' every couple of minutes? How much vram is used (check with MSI Afterburner)? How much system ram is used? What speed is it set at?
When you see this 'hitching' every couple minutes, is there a lot of HDD/SSD activity at the time (light on?)?
Run ATTO on your SSD and post up a screenshot of that, please...

So you only have 1 4g stick of ram in the system? I use 3.55gb of RAM while playing FC3... I could imagine that could cause issues for you if its the case. Vram spikes @ 736 for me

Attachments

• farcry.JPG
    farcry.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 207
1 4GB stick? That could easily be filled today causing paging out to the HDD/SSD which causes hitching...

idk if it helps or not but i had a hdd before this with similar stuttering. And on both drives i enabled/ disabled pagefiling and none improved it much

thats what my old pc did and now my new one i just built another rig that also stutters.

you may not see at 30fps on youtube but at 100fps in full screen it is very noticeable
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a4ny88&s=8

anyways i have a 3gb card and not even half of it is used during the stutters.
How much system ram is used? What speed is it set at during farcry 2 benchmark there is 3gb of system ram being used and its set at 1600mhz

thanks alot for trying to help me most people just insult me and how i know nothing about computers

idk if it helps or not but i had a hdd before this with similar stuttering. And on both drives i enabled/ disabled pagefiling and none improved it much

thats what my old pc did and now my new one i just built another rig that also stutters.

you may not see at 30fps on youtube but at 100fps in full screen it is very noticeable
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a4ny88&s=8

anyways i have a 3gb card and not even half of it is used during the stutters.
How much system ram is used? What speed is it set at during farcry 2 benchmark there is 3gb of system ram being used and its set at 1600mhz

thanks alot for trying to help me most people just insult me and how i know nothing about computers

That was during actuall gameplay, not benchmark. 3.55gb of system used within 2 minutes of playing. (Did it just for this thread)

Attachments

• CurrentRAM.JPG
    CurrentRAM.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 204
didnt work still.

that stutter/ jiterryness is what im expiereincing. So i just think all pc's do this now since 2 of mine did it aswell as a bunch on youtube. What a joke pc gaming is. Stuttering and jitterness while the "peasant console" runs fine. Im selling my 780 for a ps4 that doesnt stutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, my pc doesn't do it, I have a 780. I'm going to bet its the lack of ram...but it seems like you don't have the patience to work with us and iron it out. I asked for some things to help pin it down but...just got a tongue lashing instead.

With one stick you are also losing dual channel speeds which can help as well. With respect (though after that infantile tirade not sure why I said that) I think it was simple user error on the ram thing that is the issue. You didn't buy enough nor the right amount of sticks either... If you only have 4gb and one stick (reread thread and that may not be the case).

Stay classy man, don't let the logout button hit you on the way out if you are going to treat people trying to help you like ****.

Last edited:
If you want to insult us, at least use proper grammar you tard, *disgrace. The ignorance and stupidity you show in your posts give me great relief that you are abandoning PC gaming, as it simply means one less ignorant troll.

Hopefully you will at least enjoy your console experience at least, just wish you would have been patient.

didnt work still.

that stutter/ jiterryness is what im expiereincing. So i just think all pc's do this now since 2 of mine did it aswell as a bunch on youtube. What a joke pc gaming is. Stuttering and jitterness while the "peasant console" runs fine. Im selling my 780 for a ps4 that doesnt stutter.

Glad to see you took any advice from seasoned PC builders.

Cool deal though, PC gaming gets a bad outlook from people that act like you anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello hetoaster, if you want help, people here are more than willing to provide it. With the attitude you have, though, I don't think you are going to get very far.

If you want a hug, they don't call me the huginator for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back