• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with high end pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're frustrated with your build, no point lashing out at those trying to help you, that'll get you nowhere fast. Sometimes, a build can go wrong, and have us banging our heads against the wall in sheer frustration. I've had a build or two go wrong, one had me stumped for days till I'd isolated it to a single fan that was shorting out the system....I was so sure then that the fault laid elsewhere.

Honestly, there are many willing to lend a hand with your problem, you simply have to chill and lose that attitude. Anyway, whatever you end up doing, I wish you all the best.

If you're frustrated with your build, no point lashing out at those trying to help you, that'll get you nowhere fast. Sometimes, a build can go wrong, and have us banging our heads against the wall in sheer frustration. I've had a build or two go wrong, one had me stumped for days till I'd isolated it to a single fan that was shorting out the system....I was so sure then that the fault laid elsewhere.

Honestly, there are many willing to lend a hand with your problem, you simply have to chill and lose that attitude. Anyway, whatever you end up doing, I wish you all the best.

Your'e better than me man...

I hope his console controller explodes in his hands and his TV falls over on his toe.

Just sayin.

didnt work still.

that stutter/ jiterryness is what im expiereincing. So i just think all pc's do this now since 2 of mine did it aswell as a bunch on youtube. What a joke pc gaming is. Stuttering and jitterness while the "peasant console" runs fine. Im selling my 780 for a ps4 that doesnt stutter.
Knock yourself out.

Sorry guys for the rage i was pretty upset from a reddit masterace person calling me out

The ram shouldnt matter with 4gb either becuase its the game itself is only using 800 of it and maybe 2gb of windows so total is about a little over 3gb of used ram. The stutter only happens during level streaming go watch the arma 3 video thats exactly my stutter on most of my games.
That was my old pc i built with a lower end mobo and 8gb of ram
(specs: i53570k cpu, gtx 780 GPU, asrock b75m mobo, 8gb corsair vengence 1600mhz ram (set to 9-9-9-24), 1tb WD caviar black hdd 7200rpm, 650 watt seasonic psu

thats the old pc too but its exactly the same stutter and frequency of the jitter so i didnt bother making a new video
i5 3570k cpu (oc to 4.3 ghz didnt fix stutter) gtx 780 (runs at 60 percent usage most of the time with farcry 2) 4gb of cosair 1600mhz ram, samsung 840 250gb ssd, the same psu

Basically i made a new pc that i thought would fix those hitchings and 1400 dolars later of hard earned money i put the same cpu an and ram in and i still stutters. So i think i need to put in new ram and set it to dual channel in my bios. I oc'd the ram to 2133mhz as well as set it to 800 and everything between and the stutter didnt change.

Last edited:
They don't all stutter, in fact when working right, they just dont stutter period. I said mine doesn't, already in fact... but you seem to have ignored that (and other things we said and asked of you). Blanket statements FTL heto...your ignorance and close minded mentality precede you I'm afraid... :(

I don't think anyone in here said PCs are better than consoles, you may want to reread the thread. YOU, sir, broke the ice with your first post setting a line in the sand that never existed and demeaned the PC crowd which you walked asked for help. After rereading the thread, I don't think one person even said it EVER but YOU!!!!!!! So not sure why you react like a wild animal backed into a corner... we didnt put you there. You came in with your defenses up.

Like I said before, we are here to help if you can manage to muster up the patience to do so... otherwise, you know where the logout button is. GL in life sir.

Last edited:
How can you $H!T on those trying to be of help? You will not get anywhere in life the way you are, mate. Sell your components and purchase a console, it'd be better for everyone that you did. We don't need ignorant idiots lying about and bashing on things he or she does not understand. Your attitude, it's annoying.

Last edited:
No your pc "hitches" and you dont notice them. Run the farcry 2 benchmark you will get something that is a mess like this:

STUTTER

thats MAXISHINE the one fellow of your race that has the most OUTRAGEOUS hardware. If his extrremily high end computer stutters then what does that put it for pc gaming?

Does Far Cry 3 the GAME hitch? I say that as in the Crysis benchmark, there was ALWAYS a hitch in it, at two points IIRC, regardless of setup. That said, why do you care if a BENCHMARK hitches? The GAME is what you should be worried about.

Heto, my PC does not stutter in games. I have had several PCs over the past couple of years and none of them stuttered like you are showing outside of the Crysis benchmark, but that was a software thing in the benchmark. I am not sure what to tell you man... at this point, you need to stop regurgitating links showing what you have shown 10 times before. We get it. Stuttering exists on some PCs for whatever reason. We know that. It can be the game, or the hardware. But by no means does EVERY PC STUTTER. Stop repeating that as it is simply NOT TRUE.

Our "race"? Please stop positioning things like this is a console vs PC fight. Its not. We could care less. You joined here for help. Listen to it with patience and drop your or leave. :thup:

This is not my PC but someone else's computer running Farcry 3 and guess what? No stuttering/hitching:

Last edited:
Thats exactly what im talking about, its people like this fella "draycko" that are the reason why i hate pc gamers. You have an issue with your 1400 dollar pc and it still stutters? oh ok ill make a reddit page for you with hundreads laughing their low level asses off. Oh you don't like stuttering with a high end pc that has good hardware? we'll make death threats to your family becuase you prefer 30fps on a console with no stutter or hiccups.

Anyways i was wondering if the 8gb g.skill memory that is 1600mhz at 7-8-8-24 timing would help? maybe i need 4 sticks for 16gb and run 8 in ramdisk and load fc2 on that? do i need 5 way raid 0 with ssd's to get 2gb of read speeds to fix the stutter? How much more money do i have to spend to fix the stutters since we now know nearly all high end pc's do it. A console doesnt no matter what your pc specs are you will get hitching

Heto, you brought this on yourself. Don't call people names, setup up a volitile situation out of the gate, and then play a martyr. Ignore **** like that.

As far as your second paragraph... I don't know if lowering the timings would help, I doubt it. You do want two sticks though. Drayco in his most recent post showed no stuttering/hitching without R0 or a ramdisk so it is possible. So you don't have to throw any more money at it...

And for the last time, NOT ALL PCs DO THIS... FFS man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:screwy:

Does Far Cry 3 the GAME hitch? I say that as in the Crysis benchmark, there was ALWAYS a hitch in it, at two points IIRC, regardless of setup. That said, why do you care if a BENCHMARK hitches? The GAME is what you should be worried about.

Heto, my PC does not stutter in games. I have had several PCs over the past couple of years and none of them stuttered like you are showing outside of the Crysis benchmark, but that was a software thing in the benchmark. I am not sure what to tell you man... at this point, you need to stop regurgitating links showing what you have shown 10 times before. We get it. Stuttering exists on some PCs for whatever reason. We know that. It can be the game, or the hardware. But by no means does EVERY PC STUTTER. Stop repeating that as it is simply NOT TRUE.

Our "race"? Please stop positioning things like this is a console vs PC fight. Its not. We could care less. You joined here for help. Listen to it with patience and drop your or leave. :thup:

I showed farcry 2 benchmark but either way its the same game in the benchmark or the game the stuttering. Its alot more controled that exactly the same part of the benchmark it will stutter. The thing is you dont pay attention to the stutters, i do. I cant fix the stutters or get used to them becuase it absolutly pisses me off. Every pc will hitch, it is true and you dont notice it. If your elite maxishine with a 5k computer stutters, what does that say about any pc?

"Draycko
This is not my PC but someone else's computer running Farcry 3 and guess what? No stuttering/hitching:
Last edited by Draycko; Today at 03:38 PM. "

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

that whole video was a microstuttery mess of hitching. Set the quality up max and fullscrean you will see it. The main stutter is right here:

2:32 it microstuttered as well. show me a benchamark of crysis or farcry whatever game with good graphics that is open world that is 100% smoothe like on the console? no slight microstutter. That video was chalk full of the stutter that i get on my pc and was down right unwatchable

Don't play much but don't experience stutters... Neither in Crysis 3, FC3, BF4 or other.

With or without xFire on a single monitor; and this with the 3 rigs I use at the moment (i7 3770k, FX6300 and i5 3470, with either 3 280x in trifire or a single 290x).

what type of ram do you have and do you ssd's? Obviously my i53570k is faster and gtx 780 yet my pc hiccups in games.

never had a stutter isssue myself except when running low on memory, i had to upgrade my mini itx gaming machine to 8gb and that fixed my stuttering issues i had with bf4 which was the only game i ever tried to play with 4gb of ram on that machine, as for far cry, never played it, sorry i couldnt help, but do other games stutter as well?

even at 3.5gb your computer is already starting to make a page file so that is killing performance, playing bf4 with 4gb of ram my usage would peak at like 3.7 ish at the MOST normally about 3.5 after i upgraded to 8gb, the usage sat at about 4.2gb usage. it starts making a page file way before you get close to filling your ram.

and it now plays bf4 ultra / high settings @1680 just fine and smooth. it only has a 650 TI

Heto I had/have.............

Q9450/i7 860/i7 920/2500K/2600K/3570K/3770K/4770K/3930K/4930K. I had SSDs... from an old OCZ Summit to OCZ Vertex 2,3, OCZ Vector to Samsung 840 EVO. I also had a HDD (WD Caviar Black). I have a 60Hz 2560x1440 monitor and GPUs from 8800GT all the way up to the 780/4930K Samsung 840 EVO I have now... I do not see stuttering in any of my games. I played the original FC, but not FC3. But in Crysis 3, BF4, BF4, BFBC2, Grid, Grid 2, Dirt, Dirt 2, Batmans, Metros... etc nada.

What monitor do you have? 60Hz or 120Hz? Perhaps if you constantly notice these stutters, maybe grab a 120Hz monitor and enable adaptive vsync or better yet, a monitor with G-Sync on it and see if that helps your experience?

I'm not sure where Reddit came into play, but that doesn't have anything to do with this forum, so it's probably best if you don't direct your anger towards another community at us.

That being said, it's difficult to follow the bits and pieces of information through the thread (especially when they're intertwined with mindless banter).

If I understand this correctly:
Your old PC had this stuttering issue, so you upgraded all hardware except the CPU, RAM, and PSU. And you still have this issue. That tells me that your issue is in one of the pieces of hardware that you did not upgrade. If you're already $1400 deep into a build, re-using an old (possibly defective) single stick of 4gb isn't a good idea, IMO.

The very first thing I would do is format, re-install a legitimate copy of Windows, download latest drivers and update your BIOS. Set BIOS to all defaults, stock clocks, stock RAM timings, etc, then try again. (Even if you've done this before, do it again). Don't mess with RAID, or a RAMDisk, just install everything to your SSD. If you're still having problems, then you've got a bad piece of hardware, and I'd say it's the RAM (since all other components are new).

That being said, it's difficult to follow the bits and pieces of information through the thread (especially when they're intertwined with mindless banter).
I almost wish we could obliterate this thread and start fresh minus the BLEH stuff that happened... :)

Heto I had/have.............

Q9450/i7 860/i7 920/2500K/2600K/3570K/3770K/4770K/3930K/4930K. I had SSDs... from an old OCZ Summit to OCZ Vertex 2,3, OCZ Vector to Samsung 840 EVO. I also had a HDD (WD Caviar Black). I have a 60Hz 2560x1440 monitor and GPUs from 8800GT all the way up to the 780/4930K Samsung 840 EVO I have now... I do not see stuttering in any of my games. I played the original FC, but not FC3. But in Crysis 3, BF4, BF4, BFBC2, Grid, Grid 2, Dirt, Dirt 2, Batmans, Metros... etc nada.

What monitor do you have? 60Hz or 120Hz? Perhaps if you constantly notice these stutters, maybe grab a 120Hz monitor and enable adaptive vsync or better yet, a monitor with G-Sync on it and see if that helps your experience?

My monitor is a 144hz asus monitor (dont get me even started on how it "pivots" thats a whole different ocd story)
But anyways i thought the 144hz monitor would help the stutters but it didnt. Actually seeing 120fps in game and the slightest hitch is even more noticeable. Which is probally why im so used to seeing it and i can say it stutters when most people dont see it. Bf4 and bf3 for some reason dont stutter except when my network is slow, and the metros used to stutter but no more. Its just open world games that do it and thats the games i usually play since im now banned from bf games for reasons you already know.

I might save for a g-sync monitor but hopefully it doesnt pivot becuase i bought 2 desks already and i switched to tripple monitors becuase i thought that would make my monitor "straight" looking becuase that also bothers me since i bought the pivoting asus monitor. A bullet to the head seems the solution for this troubled mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back