• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with high end pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heto,

You're right on the "edge" here from a ban. Posting confrontational posts asking for assistance only promotes confrontational responses.
Many of our guys are the best there is on your subject problems, give them a chance without the gratuitous remarks.

Your apology may have been what saved you now everyone please carry on like you are capable of doing.

Hello everyone, OP guy is a known troll from comments on Tek Syndicate Kill Your Console video, not a smart one, so this probably should be locked.

Where is the proof this is the same person?

Link removed.

AS SSD Benchmark 1.7.4739.38088
------------------------------
Name: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA Device
Firmware: EXT0BB0Q
Controller: msahci
Offset: 103424 K - OK
Size: 232.88 GB
Date: 1/29/2014 12:05:26 PM
Sequential:
Read: 501.43 MB/s
Write: 494.60 MB/s
4K:
Read: 33.08 MB/s
Write: 67.60 MB/s
4K-64Threads:
Read: 314.76 MB/s
Write: 176.62 MB/s
Access Times:
Read: 0.111 ms
Write: 0.043 ms
Score:
Read: 398
Write: 294
Total: 907

So i tried seeing how fc3 ran andit crashed many times and said either the memory could not be read or memory loss. so were gonna have to wait for the 8gb i might get tonite, ED you been very helpfull do you have a youtube or a steam we can keep in touch in a week ill have the ram. I promise i wont flame or spam you xD you dont have to.

Heto, no outside personal links are the rules please. Anyone can contact you here when necessary.
Can you imagine if everyone posted personal links of all kinds here?

RT

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically any component can cause stutter in a game mate, but if I were having a problem i'd look to ram and GPU first. Your 50$ MOBO "might" have been fine, but it wasn't wrong to suspect a faulty MOBO. Twas the reason I suggested you have a professional check your PC over - Mobo are difficult to diagnose without having having the proper resources..

AHCI... CHECK!
Alignment reads wonky (should be 1024), but is still ok... CHECK!

Far Cry 3 cranked only uses 1GB of vRAM on Highest settings? That I don't believe.. According to some work someone did here on Far Cry 2, it used 2.2GB. It is likely that is uses more... but doubtful it breaks 3GB anyway.

Have you tried other GPU drivers? What are you using currently?
When you see this hitching, is there HDD activity (light on?)?
Try this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/124668-13-stuttering-problems

After you swap drivers, like I and others said initially, what I would try is starting over from scratch again. Painful, I know.

I would Secure Erase the SSD...
Initialize and format the disk (force 1024K this time upon formatting in windows)...
Install windows on it...
Install chipset drivers and GPU drivers...
Reboot...
Install the game and see if it stutters... If not, install one more thing, say audio, and check again... until you install what you need to (which personally, install ONLY what you NEED, not everything on the disk).

Again, brutal, I know, and you should not have to go through this, most certainly do not, but with all the of the software installed from the disk, who knows what could be causing it...The only way to find out is to start over.

I see you play a lot of FC2, I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly FC2 was plagued with issues. As far as playing FC3, once you get your memory set up you should be good to go, if you run into any issues of course simply post here and we will try to get you situated.

I think starting a new thread is a good idea since the last one got derailed. PM a mod and have them remove the old thread.

To start, post a full list of your system specs (every piece of hardware, including displays). Putting it in your signature might be a good idea as well. Also, include what resolution you're gaming at, and what level of detail in game. Also, be sure to include what pieces of hardware are new, and which are repurposed.

So yea anyways i was wondering what our next approach for this issue is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00569K7LM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thats my old ram running 4gb only but it seems its nt usiing all4gb so thats fine
I also have pagefiling turned completly off with my ssd

then to this ram:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231536

i know there is the other thread... but if you have page file turned off with 4gb of ram that is probably your issue right there.

Hetoaster, I merged your duplicate threads and marked this one as unresolved. Please only create one thread per topic.

first off i tried oc'ing my cpu and i was wondering accross all cores 60degrees c is that normal for 4.5ghz at 1.224 voltage? i was thinking the vcore was too low (at 4.2 and auto vcore) so i thought that might contribute.

As for the stutters it only happens randomly its just a very minor tick hear. It usually happens the most like several times a minute during the first 5 minutes of the game i play.

And i have tried the farcry 3 settings like fps limits that game is known to microstutter if you have under 60fps, which is the issue he was referring too.

Should i get 12 gb of ram and have pagefile off or on? I just borrowed the same ram stick i had before so i had 8gb of 1600mhz ram in dual channel and that didn't change the stutter. What does it mean the alighment is 1024? how can i "change" it?

The ssd light turns on more when it level loads. Im making a new video of the benchmark with the new hardware

60C is relative... under what load? What is your ambient temps? What cooler? Etc... Regardless, that temperature is fine. This brings us, again, to ask you to create a signature so those that may join in and help actually know what hardware you are currently working with.

I'm wondering if the textures/map are still loading as you are initially walking around, then once you are in the same area generally it stops or at least is not as frequent. Then when you move to another area it happens again?

12GB of ram? How you going to do that without botching up dual channel (you aren't)? 8GB is fine in a 2x4GB setup.

You cannot change it without a reformat as mentioned.

I asked if when you see the stuttering, is the HDD light on... not when the level loads as it is supposed to do that.

I still thinks that 4GB of RAM is a problem. I had a laptop with 4GB of RAM till few months ago and I had issue even with not particularly sophisticated games.

PS: I have some stuttering in BF4 in very huge and complex maps, but it seems a Netcode (???) problem. Usually it is as smooth as a baby skin...

The hdd light is always flickering and i cant tell if its freom the stutter. To clarrify the hitching is very small not like a second pause but many tiny pauses kind of like this video

Thats how my first pc ran when i used an hdd. Im going to try to make a signature but it said i dont have permission lol. Ill just copy and paste my specs in each message.

i53570k
EVGA gtx 780 3gb superclocked
msi z77a g-45
8gb corsair vengence 1600hz ram
650 watt seasonic gold psu

You should have permission... you have enough posts?

Flickering like a heartbeat with an occasional always on or more constant like there is activity?

Man! Some of you guys have far more patience than I. If it were my site he'd have been out on his stuttering *** after 5 posts. Kudos to all of you. :thup:

I had a hitching problem with BF3 using 4GB of ram when I went to 8GB I had no problem.

You also could have a virus.

I doubt i have a virus becuase it was reformatted. And i just tried the 8gb ram in dual channel mode and it still stuttered.

Im thinking about very low latency 32gb ram in dual channel so thats 4 8gb modules. And then set up a ram disc and have some of the worst stuttery piles of stutter messes on that and maybe it wont jitter.

Guys, it's difficult to see, I know, but he has legit windows now... I think, lol!

He also has 8gb... Now.

And since he stopped being douchey (his words!), we need to stop being douchey. :)

Now, lol, dude, as said before, you do not need 32gb or a ramdisk.. I have 8/16 and DO NOT STUTTER. It is not a ram quantity or speed or lack of ramdisk issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back