• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 and wire trick/mobo socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0burn

Ok I want to get more voltage on my board not much just 1.75. Only way to do it is by using the wire trick.

Anyone have a link on where to do this?

Also could I just use a conductive pen on the motherboard socket???

so theres two different methods for default vcore. Says default would be 1.85 does that mean I can still select under that?

I only want 1.75 vcore?

just connect two pins to get 1.7 default. that will give you all the voltage options avalible. im not sure if you can get 1.75 default but you can select it

ok sorry to bug ya my comps in pieces and I'll be doing this MOD soon.

So your saying I should just connect the two pins at the end?

By doing this it'll give me 1.70 at default and I'll be able to select higher Vcores???

ah I get it now anyways. If I only do pins 3 and 4 default is 1.7 and my max wont be as high also only about 1.80 I believe.

Thats good anyways I dont want to go too high as it is.

Think I could use a conductive PEN instead???

There are three ways to connect VID3 and VID4 pins. 1) Wire wrap them, 2) use a conductive pen (or automotive window defogger repair kit), or 3) use a tiny "U" shaped wire and put this into the correct socket holes (this is the easiest method).

I think I'll try the defogger method looks to be the best for other cpus also

Back