• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[It's back!!] Logitech - MX Revolution $39.99 @ BB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I won this mouse in a raffle contest when it just came onto the market. I don't game at all really (except ultima online occasionally) so I can't speak on its performance in that category. But, its amazing for everything I do, lots of buttons, comfortable, and has really good battery life.

I use mine for productivity (coding mostly) and also for gaming and don't have a single complaint in either category. However, like most Logitech wireless mice, after a couple of years the battery life starts to get fairly poor (I'd be surprised if mine went 2 days without requiring a recharge). Regardless, for $50 it's a great deal. The scroll wheel is amazing.

You guys don't find the non-notched scroll wheel or side-to-side scrolling to be a problem, especially in games? The sidescrolling would especially annoy me although I guess if you don't have it mapped it doesn't matter.

I use mine for productivity (coding mostly) and also for gaming and don't have a single complaint in either category. However, like most Logitech wireless mice, after a couple of years the battery life starts to get fairly poor (I'd be surprised if mine went 2 days without requiring a recharge). Regardless, for $50 it's a great deal. The scroll wheel is amazing.

You can swap out the battery pack for this easily enough with no modding, no soldering and it's so easy a Gekko could do it with a cave man helping, they say you can't replace it, I say you can ~Easily <--link has how-to directions

The battery pack is exactly the same as on the G7 (I replaced my MX Revoltion battery last month, Logitech just wants you to buy a new mouse when the battery starts to weaken) PS, You can buy the exact mouse feet as well, I did that as well and my MX is good as new ;)

revobattef8.jpg

You guys don't find the non-notched scroll wheel or side-to-side scrolling to be a problem, especially in games? The sidescrolling would especially annoy me although I guess if you don't have it mapped it doesn't matter.

I like it but it can also be disabled via setpoint (logitechs mouse CP).
I have left and right wheel mapped to key strokes so i have more easy controls on games that demand many keys.

I have the G5 which is also a 7 button mouse (w/ cord). I hate batteries so I would never buy this one.

I noticed this one has a recharging station...

Whats the average lifetime for the batteries?

i use it all day at work and sometimes dont put it on the charger for a extra day never has died. But if its a G7 battery then mine are getting weak in my G7 cause it only lasts for about 8-12 hours or so.

There was a similar deal around last January, which is when I got mine. I've had no problems with mine at all. The side wheel is enough out of the way that you really don't accidentally hit it while gaming, and the main scroll wheel can be adjusted to free-wheel, or have a resistance in it, so it acts like it has 'notches'.

As for battery life - I usually only recharge mine like once a week, and that's with pretty moderate usage.

Ive bough two and both refuse to charge now... likely more isolated than It appears to me as one of them was refurbished but just a heads up. They do rock for photo shop and general use and are good enough for gaming but don't come close to the g5.

this is the mouse i used to play games before my g9, it was great and comfortable but after having batt issues, bye bye mouse ;(

excellent mouse, i've had mine for several months and it still lasts about a week for a charge (and that is including WoW raids 3 times a week + normal usage).

Only problem I ever have is getting it to start charging after puttig it on the charger -- it can take some fiddling to find the exact spot it needs to sit at.

Mines over a year old now. Down to under 2 days use before I get to 1 bar of charge. The charger cradle or something is also messed up. I have to constantly adjust it and angle it just right to get it to start charging. The mouse wheel is much to loose also, can be hell in fps changing weapons constantly.

Guys its back for 39.99!

Your damn right about that, I was kickin myself for not buying another one of these last week @$49.99, getting it for $39.99 is even better :beer: ($48.67 after tax and shipping is still cheaper than a refurbished one on Ebay, I know, I've checked every day since this deal expired last week)

:santa2: It's Christmas in July.... Thanks for reporting this thread! You're the man Hank!​

Attachments

• MX.jpg
    MX.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,306
Back