• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't boot at 2400, tried everything... Even struggled to get 2200 to do some prime passes. So at moment, it sits at stock speed and timing.

For 2400 try CL10-11-11 or 10-12-11 1.65V . Since it's hynix, you won't see big difference setting higher voltage than 1.65V on standard cooling. Only voltages that can help will be VCCIO or VCCSA. VCCSA should be fine at stock or in worst case try 1.00-1.05V. VCCIO set to 1.15V or up to 1.20V to try if it's helping.

btw. I think I found out what was with 124 error and crashes at about ~1.6V. There is option to Enable/Disable TM1/TM2 thermal stages in cpu. When I disabled it then I was able to boot above 1.7V but then I hit thermal wall on my cooling :p I could bench at about 5.6GHz for older 3D tests and up to 5.7GHz for fast cpu tests like spi1m. It's not much more but always that ~100MHz more ;)

781893.jpg

Last edited:
For 2400 try CL10-11-11 or 10-12-11 1.65V . Since it's hynix, you won't see big difference setting higher voltage than 1.65V on standard cooling. Only voltages that can help will be VCCIO or VCCSA. VCCSA should be fine at stock or in worst case try 1.00-1.05V. VCCIO set to 1.15V or up to 1.20V to try if it's helping.
I tried:
- ddr 1.75V
- 2400 @ 11-13-12-32 2T
- VCCIO 1.20V (auto was something like 0.93V or similar)
- VCCSA: don't have that option in my BIOS everywhere...

Kinda messed up that VCCSA vs VCCIO thing.

Tried OC on MVG LN2 last nt but ran into issues, one was I could only get 1.7Vcore strange! stripping it down this morning resetting it updating bios ect.

Managed 1 lousy run WPrine

Wprime_32M_40.PNG

Will get back on it early this afternoon had plenty of room if I had the Vcore this chip flys!!

T&B

Enable extreme voltage option ( 1 or 2 lines above cpu voltage ) and you get up to 1.92V for cpu. Also change bios to latest one ( official or beta, no big difference ).
One more question ... why single channel memory on that screenshot ? If I'm right then you have 2x4GB 2400 kit ;)

I tried:
- ddr 1.75V
- 2400 @ 11-13-12-32 2T
- VCCIO 1.20V (auto was something like 0.93V or similar)
- VCCSA: don't have that option in my BIOS everywhere...

Kinda messed up that VCCSA vs VCCIO thing.

Sometimes VCCSA and VCCIO are under 1 option VTT or VCCIO so changing one is also changing other one too. ASRocks P67 had it as 2 options. I didn't try any of their Z77 boards so I don't really know if they changed that. VCCSA is not really important when you overclock for 24/7 use and 2400 should work even on stock.
Best will be if you lower memory voltage to ~1.65V. More won't give you much and some of these chips are getting unstable above 1.7V.
Is that 2400 11-13-12 working ?

Sometimes VCCSA and VCCIO are under 1 option VTT or VCCIO so changing one is also changing other one too. ASRocks P67 had it as 2 options. I didn't try any of their Z77 boards so I don't really know if they changed that. VCCSA is not really important when you overclock for 24/7 use and 2400 should work even on stock.
Best will be if you lower memory voltage to ~1.65V. More won't give you much and some of these chips are getting unstable above 1.7V.
Is that 2400 11-13-12 working ?

Tried 2400 11-13-12 with 1.70V and 1.75V, wasn't able to boot (VCCIO 1.15V). 2200 booted (stock timing, stock voltage, VCCIO 1.00V) but was unable to pass single Prime test.

Edit: How high should I clock the CPU? It's a 3570K and it sits at 4500 @ 1.26V, max temp around 68C. Cooled by Phobya 3x120 rad.

Enable extreme voltage option ( 1 or 2 lines above cpu voltage ) and you get up to 1.92V for cpu. Also change bios to latest one ( official or beta, no big difference ).
One more question ... why single channel memory on that screenshot ? If I'm right then you have 2x4GB 2400 kit ;)

Thanks like I said last night I didnt have time to work the board pressed, now I will run it find everything then go LN2 this afternoon maybe stream it as well.

The memory? I have 4x4 2400 does it really matter if i use one stick or 2 duo vs single? will it increase my scores vs stressing the chip at such high clocks! as I remember loading less is best for extreme high clocking most of the best clockers use 2GB when running for records ect.

Thanks for the help on the board I should have taken a day to run throught the bios and board for settings. I do know what it takes in the settings on this chip to crank up and it just flys!! a goodie.

Edit: How high should I clock the CPU? It's a 3570K and it sits at 4500 @ 1.26V, max temp around 68C.
This is not for us to decide :thup:. Keep temps under 85C stress testing (Im hoping that is what you mean by load and 68C) and push on if you choose. Personally, I would be happy there though.

Thanks like I said last night I didnt have time to work the board pressed, now I will run it find everything then go LN2 this afternoon maybe stream it as well.

The memory? I have 4x4 2400 does it really matter if i use one stick or 2 duo vs single? will it increase my scores vs stressing the chip at such high clocks! as I remember loading less is best for extreme high clocking most of the best clockers use 2GB when running for records ect.

Thanks for the help on the board I should have taken a day to run throught the bios and board for settings. I do know what it takes in the settings on this chip to crank up and it just flys!! a goodie.

When you run 2 channel board then for everything except max clock validation you should run 2 sticks. In some situations 3-4 channel boards can run 2 memory sticks because of how memory bandwidth is scalling.
Ivy Bridge memory controllers are much better than it was in SB and can run even 4 sticks without big drop on clocks ( but for tests 4 sticks are of course bad idea ).

just built a new pc with a 6570k

4.4ghz with an hour prime stable with temps of 72 and 1.28vcore

with the preset for 4ghz I was up to 85c prime stable for several hours, not sure if my current settings will heat up more, not sure the preset vcore

i'm on an antec kuhlor 620

That is a very good temp for 1.28vcore in prime with an Antec 620! I am at 1.24V at 4.6Ghz and I max out at 84C Stressed with a Noctua NH-D14 with Yate Loon SH - P14 - Yate Loon SH fan setup!

Tried 2400 11-13-12 with 1.70V and 1.75V, wasn't able to boot (VCCIO 1.15V). 2200 booted (stock timing, stock voltage, VCCIO 1.00V) but was unable to pass single Prime test.

Edit: How high should I clock the CPU? It's a 3570K and it sits at 4500 @ 1.26V, max temp around 68C. Cooled by Phobya 3x120 rad.

With those temps, I would take it to 1.3v and see what it will do. As stated before, keep temps to 85C max under stress!

When you run 2 channel board then for everything except max clock validation you should run 2 sticks. In some situations 3-4 channel boards can run 2 memory sticks because of how memory bandwidth is scalling.
Ivy Bridge memory controllers are much better than it was in SB and can run even 4 sticks without big drop on clocks ( but for tests 4 sticks are of course bad idea ).

I will try 2 sticks and see how the IB and board react if good then the question is again will it give me a gain worth the pain :), I know from past high clocking = use less to stress the system as little as possible to get the huge clocks so far it seems to hold well here as well however I did get a huge OC on the 3930 SB with 16GB of this memory as well.

The board is running purrrrrrrrrfect on AIR right now 4.8 a breeze, I will reload everything fresh and LN2 away this afternoon or early eve.

First going to see if I can get XP to run right as well and going to do some AIR runs to see what the gain is or is not XP to Win7.

Thanks Again Woomack very helpful :ty:

I was able to get my 3770k running on stock voltage on the stock cooler @ 4GHz. With FAH load temps of 74C. I am liking this :)

If I get around to it, I am more likely to see how far I can push the OC on stock cooling. :p

Question: Whats the exact difference between 3.4GHz and 3.5 Ghz version of IB? Whats the best deal? I plan to build a cheap Steam gamer (only) PC using one of those. Of course i would like to wait longer but patience is out, i truly need a second PC so i finally have backup.

All i can see so far is 0.1 Ghz clock, and 6 MB cache instead of 8 MB, is that all? For gaming, the cheaper one clearly better deal when price does matter. I will go for price/performance ratio, 100%.

3770K has Hyper Threading, the 3570K doesn't. So yeah, the cheaper 3570K is plenty for gaming.

Back