• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yepper looking good Shrimpy. Like Woomack says ya think that board could give it the voltage it needs to go full out???

I think this board can make some more as long as CPU will run at 1/2 cores. Switching to 4 cores and some higher load can end pretty bad ;)

If you check new vrm and how high are they rated then in theory all boards can make much more than for what are they designed ... if power section won't overheat.

I wouldn't try 8 core on any other board than CHV/CHVZ on LN2 :D
I don't trust regular ASUS series other than ROG :p

CPU is just asking for 2V :) .. but the board says nooooo ...

I had max ~6080MHz on SS with FX8120 and it was pretty good chip but I sold it. If I had good access to LN2 and reasonable prices then I would probably keep AMD/FX.

@ what voltage?

Well I can get 1.764v and it's only good for 6.7ghz. I didn't try more because I can run up to 6.6ghz at 1.7v or less actually.

Yepper looking good Shrimpy. Like Woomack says ya think that board could give it the voltage it needs to go full out???

Well I don't think so to be totally honest. Load line calibration stopped working and 933 divider stopped working -

It's still running a stock store bought Bios..... My bad :..(

I think this board can make some more as long as CPU will run at 1/2 cores. Switching to 4 cores and some higher load can end pretty bad

I would run an 8 core on only 2 cores just the same as any FX. They aren't any good with all the cores running, we all know that. So in theory the board would hande a 8 core and a 4 core either running only 2 cores fine.

On the other hand I did get some 6100mhz with a 955BE on the same model motherboard.....with much more voltage.

From what I've noticed, I don't usually get chips that are awesome. My 4100 series where NEVER stable at 5ghz with a Giga UD7.

Sure I've thrown money at it..... and the clocks didn't get better hate to say.

I'm perfectly happy and have more LN2. I'll attempt a bios update on liquid if the board is dry and see if I can roll out more voltage. If I remember the other board (same exact model) was running well over 1.8v. So it seems a bios update is in order.

Here's over 1.8v validation with Phenom II 955BE. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2718901

So we shall soon see. Currently at work, then get home dinner, kids home work, a few chores kids to bed then a couple hours late night LN2 fun time... usually how it rolls out.

EDIT, I may also swap out LN2 pots. Maybe I can lower the temps or something. The one depicted is pretty ok but was intended for DICE when I started going super cold some years ago.

Hit 7200mhz 1.9v plus.

The verification it was possible. http://valid.canardpc.com/7e3fr5 Sorry fellas I had an 8350 that I was going to roll this LN2 on, but it turned out I traded it for some Samsung 840's for my gaming PC instead. May have been a dumb choice, but I game more than I benchmark and enjoy my new 780 and all that fun stuff that comes with it.

Man I love this motherboard. Doesn't support 9 series though. the only draw back I've found so far. :shrug:

Cheers :cheers:

Attachments

• FX-4300 7200mhz verifi.png
    FX-4300 7200mhz verifi.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 63
Impressive numbers Shrimpy and g0dMan thanks you for the new house heater. :) He lives down the road from me, I stopped by and picked up a couple of the Samsungs myself. He told me you swapped the 8350.

OptyTrooper, those are some serious clock speeds :)

Now, since I can't seem to get any answers in the gpu section I'll post this for the clowns. For some reason when I swap my 5850 gpu from my Fx 8350/CHV rig to my 4770k/Maximus Hero rig, the 5850 will not overclock worth a damn. It will do 1000/1145 on most benches on the AMD rig but on the Intel I get nothing but driver crashes at anything above 970/1125. I'm running win 7 on both rigs, using the same drivers and afterburner. I've done fresh installs of win 7 2X just to make sure it's not old crap, drivers etc causing issues. I do not think it's a PSU issue. I have not problems running my GTX 580 on the intel rig overclocked and that draws more power then the 5850. I do not have the PCI-e 4 pin moles plugged in on the CHV so not having one on the Hero shouldn't be the issue. IDK where to go with this, I'm at a loss... Anyone?

@

I would run an 8 core on only 2 cores just the same as any FX. They aren't any good with all the cores running, we all know that. So in theory the board would hande a 8 core and a 4 core either running only 2 cores fine.

I guess if you're just going for a validation but if you wanted any decent bench scores you'd want all 8 cores running for say Cinebench, Wprime etc.

Ok I've been playing with Catzilla and my 9370. Now my testing isn't nearly complete but I was impressed with a result from raising the HT speed. Like I said I really should do more testing on this but here's a couple of shots.These are at the same CPU/GPU clocks the only thing I changed was the HT speed.
HT @ 3238 with 26416 for my GFX score
cat 9370 26871.JPG

Now this is at 3508 with a score of 26946, actually all scores rose slightly which I really didn't expect. You'l have to disregard the total score since this run was bugged. Had a driver crash at the end of the last test and it's score was severely skewed.

cat 9370 27965.JPG

Here's the same score but I ran it almost 500 MHZ faster getting close to my 4770K score

cat 9370 27965 5161.JPG

Impressive numbers Shrimpy and g0dMan thanks you for the new house heater. :) He lives down the road from me, I stopped by and picked up a couple of the Samsungs myself. He told me you swapped the 8350.

Why keep a slow processer when I can have fast hard drives??

I hear ya, I put them in raid and they're chugging along well.

Mine are going to do the same. Tear down the Antec 900. Time for retirement. Moving up to a TJ07 case. Probably upgrade the 3770k next year in 0_15. Well sometime q 1. If nv releases 8 series by then, I'll likely sli the 780 with another.

Now, since I can't seem to get any answers in the gpu section I'll post this for the clowns. For some reason when I swap my 5850 gpu from my Fx 8350/CHV rig to my 4770k/Maximus Hero rig, the 5850 will not overclock worth a damn. It will do 1000/1145 on most benches on the AMD rig but on the Intel I get nothing but driver crashes at anything above 970/1125. I'm running win 7 on both rigs, using the same drivers and afterburner. I've done fresh installs of win 7 2X just to make sure it's not old crap, drivers etc causing issues. I do not think it's a PSU issue. I have not problems running my GTX 580 on the intel rig overclocked and that draws more power then the 5850. I do not have the PCI-e 4 pin moles plugged in on the CHV so not having one on the Hero shouldn't be the issue. IDK where to go with this, I'm at a loss... Anyone?

Problem solved, As per Johans suggestion to try a newer driver, it seems the older Catalyst drivers do not want to play nice with the 4770k/Maximus Hero. I did a clean install of the Catalyst 13.2 and all is well, except I needed .012 more voltage to run the same clock speeds.

Back