• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Back a number of years ago there were 7 or 9 since it was an odd number of people that all had all email addresses in bulk mail so we all got the email. And we all gathered at one forum. We put up scores to beat each other and we had at the time some pretty fair shett to put up scores with. Hehehe. Anyway it was always suspected of me that I never posted a score without three "in the bag" to respond with. Those were the days for sure. Hehehe. Plus we all had each others back. Better not troll one of the 'group' or the hammer would drop. All back in the good ole days as it were.

It's still the same at a few places. Times have changed yes, but not that much. You get in return what you give. :)

Here's a question maybe someone can give me an idea on. Got some reason on my Fx rig in signature I can OC all of my Gpu's a bit higher then on my I7 Rig in signature. The gpu's I've tested so far are my Radeon 5850, GTX 670, GTX 580 and GTX 780. I used the same Msi Afterburner, same drivers, win 7 and also tested using the same benchmarks, on both setups. The one that really stands out is the 5850 I can OC it 150 mhz higher on the cores give or take depending on the bench, running it on the Fx setup over the I7 setup, What gives?

Here's a question maybe someone can give me an idea on. Got some reason on my Fx rig in signature I can OC all of my Gpu's a bit higher then on my I7 Rig in signature. The gpu's I've tested so far are my Radeon 5850, GTX 670, GTX 580 and GTX 780. I used the same Msi Afterburner, same drivers, win 7 and also tested using the same benchmarks, on both setups. The one that really stands out is the 5850 I can OC it 150 mhz higher on the cores give or take depending on the bench, running it on the Fx setup over the I7 setup, What gives?

different PSU? :shrug:

My guess is it's the difference in CPUs, I've seen the same TBH. I think with the AMD the card works a bit easier since it has a slight backlog compared to the Intel always pulling for more. Even though you run the card faster you get a lower score and I'm talking GFX score not Physics. It's easier to spin your wheels I gues than actually working. Kind of like an OC I can OC up to X and do whatever I want but run P95 or something that really puts a strain on it and it all comes crashing down.
Clear as mud I know

different PSU? :shrug:

Hey there Tung, how's my russian brother these days. You got that thing done yet?

My guess is it's the difference in CPUs, I've seen the same TBH. I think with the AMD the card works a bit easier since it has a slight backlog compared to the Intel always pulling for more. Even though you run the card faster you get a lower score and I'm talking GFX score not Physics. It's easier to spin your wheels I gues than actually working. Kind of like an OC I can OC up to X and do whatever I want but run P95 or something that really puts a strain on it and it all comes crashing down.
Clear as mud I know

Hey there Tung, how's my russian brother these days. You got that thing done yet?

not yet. Still thinking about it and how can i differentiate myself from the other builders. Was also thinking of transforming my own pc into a demo/review rig.

new graphics + case + psu

Well you have to start somewhere and I'm sure there will be changes along the way. Maybe you should try and gather up old cases to try out your ideas first for practice,

Well you have to start somewhere and I'm sure there will be changes along the way. Maybe you should try and gather up old cases to try out your ideas first for practice,

was thinking of something like bitfenix pandora style with ethoo pro size

Now that's getting interesting. Probably not easy either. Got any friends handy with tools?

Know any one with a brake? That's your best bet . Hard to keep a straight line bending metal by hand.

Know any one with a brake? That's your best bet . Hard to keep a straight line bending metal by hand.

U can say that again about a brake. I had some very old hardwood that I used to be able to do less than 36 inches with against that very hard wood. Broke one of the pieces and never again found any wood that hard. I think it came from a home built in the super early 1900s. No hard wood in MS that tough anymore.
RGone...ster.

Well I think I have found what my former problems with my system reboot and crashes was caused by.

Bottom video card

Video-b.JPG

Top video card

Vidio-t.JPG

Seems developed a leak in a bend on my acrylic tube. Don't know if they are salvageable all cleaned up and put back together ....... we'll see maybe on the weekend. What do you all think?

That sucks man, only one way to find out. Was that a cleaned up pic or a before shot?

different PSU? Yes but both are high quality. Possible though.

I think with the AMD the card works a bit easier since it has a slight backlog compared to the Intel always pulling for more.
This would make sense, but say I have the intel stock and the Fx oced in the low 5's it still holds true? :shrug:

Well I think I have found what my former problems with my system reboot and crashes was caused by.

Bottom video card

Top video card

Seems developed a leak in a bend on my acrylic tube. Don't know if they are salvageable all cleaned up and put back together ....... we'll see maybe on the weekend. What do you all think?
Yikes that stinks Bassnut

Bottom video card

View attachment 154845

Top video card

View attachment 154846

if the moisture didn`t get inside the PCB it can be saved.

That's the before pick Johan....... it cleaned up pretty nice. will give it a test later this weekend.

Back