• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HI, Bassnut, long time, no see.
sucks dukey through a 2x4 about the cards!!!! very sorry for your loss.

HI, Bassnut, long time, no see.
sucks dukey through a 2x4 about the cards!!!! very sorry for your loss.

What can I say CD ...... **** happens sometimes. I hope we all know the risks when we play. I tried something new with the acrylic tube and learned something new as well. My leak was in a bend that was over heated and had a couple bubbles, that's where the leak was. I probably stressed it a bit when I was playing with cables or something. It looks nice but I doubt I will use it again.

if you decided to build with acrylic tube make sure your bends are clean ..... no bubbles after you make your bend.

Well that just sucks bassnut, silly bendy bubbles. So now what? A 970 maybe in your future??

For now I an just gonna drop in my spare ASUS 650 gtx. I had been eyeing up the R9 280 probably pick up a used one in the classifieds.

I read at OCN that the Kingpin 780ti has dropped to $500 USD so the trend has begun. You might be able to pick up a sweet azz card soon for cheap bassnut.

There was a R9 280 for 170$ after MIR yesterday @ newegg :drool:
I spent $280 CAD for my 270x back during the Bitcoin rush :-/

I don't game much so a top end GPU s not in the cards for me an R9 280X will be overkill for me, the NVidia 650 I have now ay be enough as it is. I'll find one used in the classifieds I see some for $150 now.

Looks good, have you tried dropping the CPU_NB voltage. 1.45 seems kind of high to me.

Im not certain if the software is detecting wrong or the digi+ power is set wrong... I made attempts at higher fsb and lower memory speeds and get immediate "illegal sumout"... the above run got an "illegal sumout" 2 minutes before the screen shot.

Those ram timings look pretty aggressive for 2200MHz, you're also pushing the NB. If you ran for an hour like that, you must be close. It's likely temps that are causing issue. If you drop the NB speed to 2400ish and the ram to say 1866 9-10-9-27, you should be able to lower the CPU_NB voltage to 1.25v which will help. The IMC is pretty sensitive to heat/volts. What ram is it that you're using?

corsair vengeance memory @ 2133 MHz stock. thread 7 generated illegal sumout just short of an hour.

I reviewed your posts on pages 27 - 30. prime95 freezes the system on start up attempting those settings although boots into windows fine.

windows technical preview will not allow install of hardware monitor.

Doin a little cooking today with the 8350, it's been a while since I pushed on it. Rewarded with my highest Oc to date on it.
Capture3.PNG

Nice one Manny:thup:

- - - Updated - - -

corsair vengeance memory @ 2133 MHz stock. thread 7 generated illegal sumout just short of an hour.

I reviewed your posts on pages 27 - 30. prime95 freezes the system on start up attempting those settings although boots into windows fine.

windows technical preview will not allow install of hardware monitor.

I would suggest you start your own thread, you'll get more help that way since I'm a bit preoccupied right now.

Last edited:
Thanks boys, not sure if it has it in it to get a 5.8 or better. I lowered the ram and other frequencys and was giving it the juice but it wouldn't go higher then that. It didn't like anything over 1.65v, water was -11c at the time so maybe I need a bit colder. :D I have a n couple of nice Cinebench subs I'll post shortly I'm running the Athlon II 240e I picked up now just to see what it has in it, so far a 4073 validation.

damn :clap:

very cool water temps!
operating inside at room temp 75 f here.

side tracked myself as family have returned phenom II 1090T machine to me...
getting harddrive warnings attempting install windows tech preview on format screen.
seems to be installing anyway.
mechanical drives SLOW.

will attempt more nb/memory adjustments on asus formula z soon.

great forum and group!

Thks rgone for advising and putting up with me last spring.

Keep it up bud at least till you run out of dice. I've got the back of my board almost done had to take a break. This is just too tedious. With any luck by the end of the weekend I'll have some big numbers to post or I'll be $500+ in the hole. :shrug:

Back