• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who here likes pie? :)

Pi-Pie.png

Well I finally got snagged one of these higher bin G.Skill kits on Friday evening and it was quickly shipped and arrived at my door this afternoon. :thup:

I'm hoping these will turn out to be good/strong for benching...

G.Skill Pi 2x2GB DDR3-2200C7.jpg

Initial testing:
G.Skill Pi 2x2GB DDR3-2200C7.PNG

Woomack, take a look at this thread. I asked nearly the same question about a year ago and this list is what the benching team suggested for me. I know you're looking for AM2 specific, but most of these support both AM2 and AM2+.http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...g-AM2-MoBo-s?p=7728210&viewfull=1#post7728210

I have had the ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe and am currently using the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P. Awesome board and will do everything you need for AM2 & +.

I found only 1 GA-MA790X-DS4 - $50 with shipping :-/
All other boards are from cheap series or on nvidia chipset. Some good boards were only with AM2+/AM3 support and I have one of those.

Well I finally got snagged one of these higher bin G.Skill kits on Friday evening and it was quickly shipped and arrived at my door this afternoon. :thup:

I'm hoping these will turn out to be good/strong for benching...
Roger, did you grab those on Ebay this weekend? I was watching a set of those same sticks but lost track of the auction when I was at the Ln2 party.

Looking forward to some more results Rog let's see what those puppies do.

CL8 ... is it broken ? :p

:D... Just left the timings in BIOS from my previous Mushkin kit.

G.Skill Pi 2x2GB DDR3-2200 7-10-10-28.PNG

Roger, did you grab those on Ebay this weekend? I was watching a set of those same sticks but lost track of the auction when I was at the Ln2 party.

Yes... The auction was running for ~6 days and ended Friday evening. There was also another kit of G.Skill 2200C7 Pi that ran on Ebay a week or so back but someone else won that auction.

Looking forward to some more results Rog let's see what those puppies do.

I've got family coming in from out of town this week so I'm not sure about free time... I did try a quick boot into Windows with the FX using the base timing from this G.Skill kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=F3-19200CL8Q-8GBZHD-_-20-231-520-_-Product

But @2400 8-11-11-31... I was getttng errors with quick HCI Memtest... Most likely need more DRAM/IMC voltage(s)... Still have yet to try the sticks in an Intel setup.

Yes... The auction was running for ~6 days and ended Friday evening. There was also another kit of G.Skill 2200C7 Pi that ran on Ebay a week or so back but someone else won that auction
Yup those are the ones I was watching, glad someone here got them. Hope they're good ones.

Mine work at 8-12-8 for 2400+ ~ 1.75v, I did think those timings looked odd for PSC chips.

I think it wasn't even available in stores. The same Team Group had Samsung based kits for benching competitions even though they had no Samsung based kit in sales for about 2 years. I asked their PR and they had only 20 kits+ for competitions/marketing purposes. Later you see that this or that company is the best in benchmarks when they make results on barely available memory kits. The same with Corsair. Good Dominators are always barely available and in stores are mainly average kits ( of course overpriced ).
Last PSC series in mass sales which I remember were RipjawsX 2133/2200 CL7-10-7/7-10-10 1.65V and 2133 9-10-9 1.50V ( I have one of those ). Corsair/Patriot ended up on 2400/2533 9-11-9 or 8-11-8 in barely available and highly overpriced kits.

Now I can't find even bad PSC 2000+ on auctions. There are some in 1600 kits but usually nothing special like lower binned ADATA.

You had a lot of luck to get 2200 C7 as these kits were in limited availability. In EU were almost impossible to get so I got 2133 9-10-9 1.5V which is about the same but was much cheaper.

What's the IMC voltage on these FX chips?

The CPU NB v??

I have discovered that I am seriously overvolting my chip. I can do small FFT's fine, but I get WHEA errors with Large FFT's, which is related to the memory IMC etc.

All this time I've been doing blend tests and the WHEA errors were from my L3 cache or the RAM and I was thinking it was low Vcore. :(
Poor chip.

What's the IMC voltage on these FX chips?

The CPU NB v??

I have discovered that I am seriously overvolting my chip. I can do small FFT's fine, but I get WHEA errors with Large FFT's, which is related to the memory IMC etc.

All this time I've been doing blend tests and the WHEA errors were from my L3 cache or the RAM and I was thinking it was low Vcore. :(
Poor chip.

1.2 -1.35 depending on the chip/memory you're using and NB speed.

I remember I was always setting ~1.35V and it was enough for benching. Auto is 1.2V or something but depends from chip. I don't remember exactly how high it was but my CPUs didn't like too high voltage ( 1.45+ or 1.55V+ , I don't remember ) even on cold.

So cpu NB v is the IMC?
Cool. I'l drop it down to 1.35.

Testing stock timings and speed too. Maybe 2100 8-10-10 is too tight :(

That's a good idea S_P. The IMC can be a bit of an achilles heel with the FX. My everyday/gamer is running 1600 9-9-9- 16gigs and 2400 NB with 1.275v. The extra ram made it a bit tougher to stabilize. It really isn't necessary to push it unless you have a reason. Benching is a different story.
I se from your sig that you're running 5+ that alone requires a boost to the NB volts with everything else stock.

biked a good 10-12 miles on a mountain bike between Thursday and Sunday. yesterday found a 4 inch cut in the front bicycle tire wasn't there when I left the bike.

Picture 114.jpg

Doing my best to not get lost in the hole of defining points and lines!

Picture 115.jpg
Picture 116.jpg
Picture 117.jpg

:thup:

Last edited:
That's a good idea S_P. The IMC can be a bit of an achilles heel with the FX. My everyday/gamer is running 1600 9-9-9- 16gigs and 2400 NB with 1.275v. The extra ram made it a bit tougher to stabilize. It really isn't necessary to push it unless you have a reason. Benching is a different story.
I se from your sig that you're running 5+ that alone requires a boost to the NB volts with everything else stock.

Sig is a bit out of date...

I'm not pushing 5Ghz daily right now. I've dropped back to 4.85Ghz, dropped Vcore down to ~1.6 (still testing) and only lost an average of 3 FPS in Minecraft.

I think with lots of tinkering, I can regain that with tight, fast memory and faster (2400 would be nice) NB clocks.
Right now I'm seeing what Vcore it takes to run X Ghz now that I know Small FFT's indicates the CPU's stability only.

Back