• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not only is U_S_S much a rad man...well now he is a FANatical RADman. Hehehe. Plus I think he is sort of sequential. ! fan rad. 2 fan rad and finally 3 fan rad. Have to build it taller to go for 4 fan rad. Hehehe. You are rokken that cooling out man. Nice look to it. Wish you could have put that single rad to the lower left and then it would cerainly be 1, 2, and 3, just for looks alone.

RGone...skisterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trying out the fans only. push air towards the camera as of now.

View attachment 163872

Thanks RG,

bottom left is most logical place as you mentioned.
I do have bolt holes drilled in that location.

as of now interior would definitely still be restricting air flow at mentioned location due to the motherboard tray/mounting location.
especially if to use ducting for air to the radiator on the inside.

Thanks RG,

bottom left is most logical place as you mentioned.
I do have bolt holes drilled in that location.

as of now interior would definitely still be restricting air flow at mentioned location due to the motherboard tray/mounting location.
especially if to use ducting for air to the radiator on the inside.

Yeah, I guessed there might be something hindering mounting that single rad/fan down low since most of us have a fair eye for symmetry as humans. One thing for sure though...if normal water thru rads can bring on "cool", you will have it man and a configuration that you can proudly say is 'yours'. Luck man.

RGone...

So is that rig going inside of a desk or something Eagle. I still haven't figured out exactly what you're trying to do.

It looks like it's going into a high cabinet of some sort. Kinda gives me an idea if I still have my old stereo cabinet...... but dam where would I put it in my office.

Great practical questions Johan and Bassnut!
Of course I haven't considere those^.

Obviously the project is at a turning point of some kind here.
Still haven't powered up the Crosshair V Formula Z since RMA after new years.

:sly:

I was either asleep or not paying attention. What the heck happened to the CHV-Z to need to go back to Asus for REfurbing?

RGone...

Possibly something I had done from the 2666 MHz memory kit. was only getting 1 of 2 sticks to boot.
Soon to follow only one of the 7870's would boot aswell as RMA there.

Also RMA'd the 2600 MHz kit for return corsair 2400 MHz kit.
I haven't booted up the memory either!

Just noticed that swivel panel/door/rad panel fits in the back window.
:thup:

I am also not having such a great week it seems, after what appears as slashed mountain bike tire.

To be honest Johan, had eyeballed some benching rigs on frozencpu ranging from $90-250$.
Was on the website hoping to pick up some inline pumps and reservoirs.
Realizing I had 1.5 standard ATX cases in the back room, I started kinda fabricating this project just out of boredom.
:shrug:
Find myself at this point now.

Picture 120.jpg

To be honest Johan, had eyeballed some benching rigs on frozencpu ranging from $90-250$.
Was on the website hoping to pick up some inline pumps and reservoirs.
Realizing I had 1.5 standard ATX cases in the back room, I started kinda fabricating this project just out of boredom.
:shrug:
Find myself at this point now.
You sure you didn't just catch the tire on something while riding? I go through tires like underwear here in NY. As far as the rig you should leave it just like the above picture for the Maine winter, benching will be fun like that!

You sure you didn't just catch the tire on something while riding? I go through tires like underwear here in NY. As far as the rig you should leave it just like the above picture for the Maine winter, benching will be fun like that!

I may very well be a victim of letting a pattern speak for itself when I shouldn't. 4 inch cut in the bike tire through the tire and tube. almost perfectly straight 4 inch line. wasn't cut when I set the bike down outside. who or how or if, I definitely do not have. no non-sense talking it to *** does not help or perhaps most likely the reward itself.

sytem powers up.
gpu.dimm only shows a single gpu posting/listed in crosshair bios even though both are installed.
previous gpu error symptoms still not visible at this point.

stuck on booting from ssd raid0 or even usb boot OS install due to some security key boot settings relating to bios.

Picture 121.jpg

many overnight hours last night attempting get post detecting both gpu's.
no go.

either gpu alone works in slot 1 detecting @ 16x.
9370 @ 4.9ghz
8gb ddr4 2400mhz.

just getting awake here. EST.

yes they work separately Johan!

just trolling around looking for possible solutions.
I am also aware clock speeds are not a match as a gigabyte 7870 OC and a sapphire 7870 OC.
I have crossfired these cards on two systems already including the crosshair V formula Z.

The gigabyte card has been RMA'd twice in the last 17 months.

also found a new bios update for the crosshair V formula Z dated around 5/17/2015.

temps seem rather good like this combo.
haven't installed the vrm/nb waterblock as yet.

either card alone, slot 1 and 4, video to screen on post.
both cards slots 1 and 4, bios posts lists both cards same time.

neither card alone, slot 2 and 3, no video qcode 66.
debug led identical with no gpu installed at all, code 66.\

I have attempted a pci express wireless card in x1 slot works.
also a 6770 gigabyte in x16 slot 3.
still no video detected in bios post gpu.dimm slot 2 and 3

Last edited:
Back