• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's definitely been a hot summer here too.

I've generally had better success with BIOS over Afterburner overclocking. It's a great tool though. I used to use Afterburner early to get a feel what a particular chip could do, then refine and lean on it in BIOS with extreme cooling (Dry ice).
I mean for my GTX 780

Here is current screen with my timings tightened up. And the following one is the aida64 latency test.

IMG_20230730_133352886_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230729_154833954.jpg

Last edited:
@caddi daddi working on getting the new CHVFZ worked into the build, board i bought came with a 8350 batch 1505 if that means anything.

I have the Heatkiller CHVF vrm water cooler, also cools NB, but the mounting is the same between the 2 boards besides a cap that I had to grind a semi circle into for the Formula z, The Z has better placement of stuff. Like the start and reset switches, plus OBD.

Big problem I have is both bards VRM are identical, the Watercool solution is actually missing a spot to screw down in the top corner, unless I pull one of the bottom screws and put it in from the backside. Looks like design oversight. Old setup I used a ziptie.

Question, how much would you bother with WC the southbridge? I did not last time.

Board came with 8350 and 2400mhz ram, seen somewhere you should populate the dims furthest from the cpu A2 and B2. Is this accurate?
Also @Johan45 IS he gone?

Solution to the vrm support is to pull a screw from bottom and run it through the board into the sink.

Would you use pads or paste? I have PK3 on hand, Also PK1 and should have 2 somewhere.

As far as previous posts, thinking of looking for a 6gb 780 or possibly a Titan Black, or regular titan. I have the AC Kryographics with active backplate.

What do you think of the batch number? Still have to put power on it to confirm.

south bridge, air is fine.
I use paste all the time.
I don't think batch numbers ever mattered much and now what you can find is what you get
As I remember 2 memory sticks go into the second and fourth slots from the cpu.

Getting the noise problems eliminated one by one. Problem i failed to identify was 3 pin fans without the motherboard supporting fan control by voltage.
All 4 pin fans ive installed , noise is not a problem.
Ill be looking to replace some stock cpu air coolers while also replacing non-modular bronze rated psu's.

20230910_102609.jpg

Hotswap working in U2 chassis.

20230910_101816.jpg

Loaded up the debian media server with external choices.

20230910_101749.jpg

Network storage box with 8 hotswap bays. Tried some modular 5.25" media bay cages , less than ideal.

south bridge, air is fine.
I use paste all the time.
I don't think batch numbers ever mattered much and now what you can find is what you get
As I remember 2 memory sticks go into the second and fourth slots from the cpu.
Would you paste the VRMS also? I've got PK3 and used it on the graphics card waterblock.
Just wondering if the ASUS screws will apply enough pressure.

Paste is how I timmed the vrm for water blocks .
I still use cooler master ice fusion.

Paste is how I timmed the vrm for water blocks .
I still use cooler master ice fusion.
still use the pads on the backside of vrms? looks like the pads cover some stuff that may short out on the backplate.

The highlighted side.
IMG_20230910_160410604~2.jpg
Post magically merged:

Think I am going to leave pads on the backside VRMs they are original ASUS and in good condition.

Last edited:
Well I'm back on leak testing. IMG_20230911_213235308.jpg
IMG_20230911_213257283.jpg
Post magically merged:

If anyone remembers KBT or Kepler bios tweaker, lmk. I have room on this chip from what I gathered before the smoked board. I need to get memory up to reduce usage on D4 and also, if I can use a newer driver than 474.44 would that be ok?

If I remember correctly T2 is the Northbridge. You can verify this by shooting compressed air (from an air duster can) at the NB heatsink and see if the temps drop.

If I remember correctly T2 is the Northbridge. You can verify this by shooting compressed air (from an air duster can) at the NB heatsink and see if the temps drop.
I didn't know if he had changed it over the years to something else since Ryzen released.

Back