• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure if you'll be able to keep it consistently as cool as I can with my setup.
Looks to me yours is one of those bolt in kits, mine is a custom setup all the way including a 2.5 Gal res for it.
The larger the res, the more heat energy it takes to heat up the water in the first place and if all that water is already cold with sub freezing cooling for your rad AND the res is stuffed with ice.... Well, you get it right? :rolleyes:

Not sure if you'll be able to keep it consistently as cool as I can with my setup.
Looks to me yours is one of those bolt in kits, mine is a custom setup all the way including a 2.5 Gal res for it.
The larger the res, the more heat energy it takes to heat up the water in the first place and if all that water is already cold with sub freezing cooling for your rad AND the res is stuffed with ice.... Well, you get it right? :rolleyes:
No it's isn't a bolt in kit but I do get what you mean about having the larger reservoir. Have you ever had an issue with pieces of ice clogging the block or pump, or do you put some sort of filter in it to keep the liitle pieces from being sucked into the loop?

Mines doesn't seem to like above 2800 :chair:

I used at max 1.3v HT for this here picture. First OC after I de-lidded this one. Tap to drain liquid cooling. Water temps about 45f. 3ghz HT was not a problem on this or any of the FX 4 series and 6 series processors I have encountered at my house on a couple of different boards. And neither of the boards I used would be set out to impress anybody either.

Came really close to a 3ghz NB speed as well. 2900mhz and a couple in change. Still looking for some of my screen shots that happen to be missing atm, but then again I have a lot of pictures that aren't organized yet and then backed up. Just no time lately.

But ya, 3ghz+ HT good for benching. :salute:

Attachments

• FX-8320 de-lid first OC.jpg
    FX-8320 de-lid first OC.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 67
No it's isn't a bolt in kit but I do get what you mean about having the larger reservoir. Have you ever had an issue with pieces of ice clogging the block or pump, or do you put some sort of filter in it to keep the liitle pieces from being sucked into the loop?

All I do is keep the water lever high enough to let the ice float above the res' outlet to the loop. If it gets too low it will suck a piece into this and plug it or restrict the coolant flow so that's how it's done.

I used at max 1.3v HT for this here picture. First OC after I de-lidded this one. Tap to drain liquid cooling. Water temps about 45f. 3ghz HT was not a problem on this or any of the FX 4 series and 6 series processors I have encountered at my house on a couple of different boards. And neither of the boards I used would be set out to impress anybody either.

Came really close to a 3ghz NB speed as well. 2900mhz and a couple in change. Still looking for some of my screen shots that happen to be missing atm, but then again I have a lot of pictures that aren't organized yet and then backed up. Just no time lately.

But ya, 3ghz+ HT good for benching. :salute:

I'm really surprised that your NB is so low S_B !! Thought it would be closer to 3000 as well.

All I do is keep the water lever high enough to let the ice float above the res' outlet to the loop. If it gets too low it will suck a piece into this and plug it or restrict the coolant flow so that's how it's done.

Yeppers Dr. Mc gets ice stuck in his impeller and Johan45 gets goldfish stuck in his.
Hehehe.
RGone...ster.:clap::rofl::clap::rofl:

Not any more I do have an open cell type foam filter that covers the intake, so the GF are safe for now. And yes the size of the res play a huge part in the cooling . I've really noticed sinde I've been trying to stabilize the 9370 on the TT AIO cooler. I had to drop the HZ a bit to maintain the 1.476v I wanted. Another thing I noticed about that cooler is the block is too convex. It only puts enough pressure in the very center of the die. It was easily visible when I remounted it last night. I had forgotten about that. I also ended up re-flashing the BIOS.
I was having issues with it not picking up drives and the memory set-up was kind of wacky. I tried the easy flash bios utility and it wouldn't even initiate. Gotta love that direct flash option they have now, not the first time I've used it and it works like a charm. So I think that was my problem, I thought maybe the OS and I'm sure it's still a bit wonky but it's stable enough.
I finally have it stable ran prime for 2 hours then it folded all night and is still running today. Funny my kid is working Afternoon shift and shut up my computer room so it was a fair bit warmer than the HWmonitor pic shows. Got up to 58 on the core with no circulation. I should also mention that I don't have the heat vent open in that room so it is a bit cooler than your average room

4772.JPG

I'm really surprised that your NB is so low S_B !! Thought it would be closer to 3000 as well.

Not any more I do have an open cell type foam filter that covers the intake, so the GF are safe for now. And yes the size of the res play a huge part in the cooling . I've really noticed sinde I've been trying to stabilize the 9370 on the TT AIO cooler. I had to drop the HZ a bit to maintain the 1.476v I wanted. Another thing I noticed about that cooler is the block is too convex. It only puts enough pressure in the very center of the die. It was easily visible when I remounted it last night. I had forgotten about that. I also ended up re-flashing the BIOS.
I was having issues with it not picking up drives and the memory set-up was kind of wacky. I tried the easy flash bios utility and it wouldn't even initiate. Gotta love that direct flash option they have now, not the first time I've used it and it works like a charm. So I think that was my problem, I thought maybe the OS and I'm sure it's still a bit wonky but it's stable enough.
I finally have it stable ran prime for 2 hours then it folded all night and is still running today. Funny my kid is working Afternoon shift and shut up my computer room so it was a fair bit warmer than the HWmonitor pic shows. Got up to 58 on the core with no circulation. I should also mention that I don't have the heat vent open in that room so it is a bit cooler than your average room

View attachment 136436

booooooo

I get 4.8GHz @1.45v stable :rofl:

Does dry ice float?? Or you could put some mesh inside to let the water flow and keep the ice away from the pump inlet hmmm!!

Yes cold definitely helps IDK if you saw this post from last week, I just stuck the whole rig outside. :) notice the water temp. I may try a few runs tomorrow if I get a chance it's supposed to be in the 20's F here tomorrow.
I thought I was looking out my back door when looking at your rig setting outside on the deck. I have the same deck, same color, almost the same door, same color, almost the same table, same color color. Figure the odds someone. Also, we both do computers, are on the same forum, and I'll bet even more similarities. Feels weird to me.

I thought I was looking out my back door when looking at your rig setting outside on the deck. I have the same deck, same color, almost the same door, same color, almost the same table, same color color. Figure the odds someone. Also, we both do computers, are on the same forum, and I'll bet even more similarities. Feels weird to me.

Weird? Wow. Go figure. Hehehe.
RGone...

Deck color is BEAR from the Depot I don't remember the name, the door is an Anderson, and table is Ethan Allen. Yes, we all have a lot of similarities.

I guess you guys both go to WalMart and Home Depot,
I also see Johan woke up with his clown shoes on today, honk honk. :p

Deck color is BEAR from the Depot I don't remember the name, the door is an Anderson, and table is Ethan Allen. Yes, we all have a lot of similarities.

I also see Johan woke up with his clown shoes on today, honk honk. :p

Beep beep!!
I just can't help my self???

Back