• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well you can cut down my walmart experience if you want, but you had better leave my home depot alone! If you want some bad experiences, go with the wife to ross, or marshals, or about a million different girly shops. Oh, and don't mess with my lowes either.:D

Got my replacement Asus HD7970 in. Interesting point is it has a totally different BIOS in it the my stock BIOS. Stock clocks at 925/1375, this replacement clocks at 1230/1630. What gives I wonder?

It does run Unigine Heaven all the way without locking up the display, so that's a step in the right direction. I'll have to run a few more tests, but so far it works.

-Rodger

Looks like you got lucky. That's a pretty decent boost. Still really strange. There aren't any 7970s that sell at that clock that I know of. Maybe that's one that someone else returned with an altered bios???

I thought the same, but you'd have to ask why return it? Better guess might be they did this for some reason. I need to send the other card back, but I am so tempted to flash it with this bios and see what it might do. Who knows, it might work perfectly fine with the other bios.

Anyway you want to look at it, it's pretty weird.

-Rodger

Just curious what the Voltage is and if there's any extra available on the new one compared to the old??
I would just send the card back myself, don't want to take a chance and be out the cash.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and those who don't celebrate it, Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year.

Just curious what the Voltage is and if there's any extra available on the new one compared to the old??
I would just send the card back myself, don't want to take a chance and be out the cash.
Sorry for the late reply, just missed your post. I tried flashing the bios, but it didn't help. Flashed the original back and still the same as before flashing, so no help either. Stressed parts due to heat not controlled well enough in those non-cooled compartments in the water block is my guess. That, or heat stressed due to poor thermal transfer at bad/no contact points in the water block to VRM components meant to be cooled with this EK block.

Anyways, I'll be sending it back after Christmas in any case.

Happy Holidays everyone.

-Rodger

I'll be working on some runs tonight since it's gonna be cold out at the benchshack. Maybe I can go a little faster, maybe not but will definitely be freezing my can off.

BTW Merry Christmas ya'll! :cool:

Interesting stuff, I'm just busy abusing this new little Xeon ATM, heh.

Thought I'd pop buy and say Merry Christmas at any rate :)

Be safe over the Holidays all, and have fun !!!

Not too bad for this old rig :)

wjor.jpg

Thanks Erixx
Here's a song that always make me chuckle at this time of year. This a local bands rendition , The Police Nabbed my Dad sang to the tune of Feliz Navidad < I hope you find this amusing.

Last edited:
Just took the new ram for a walk with the 9370, looking good so far don't know how high it'll go yet but at these timings 2000 is pushing it.

eco.JPG

Ah hah. Some smaller size ram sticks. U must be really into benching now. Hehehe.

Be Careful or............
attachment.php
.........the Ram Cops Will Get U.

Bobert...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah hah. Some smaller size ram sticks. U must be really into benching now. Hehehe.

Be Careful or............
attachment.php
.........the Ram Cops Will Get U.

Bobert...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gee what's next the HDD patrol!!

Back